cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockwood 2608WS

roaminaround
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a 2018 Rockwood 2608WS. Just curious if anyone has this model and cares to comment or comment on Rockwood trailers in general. We have a Nash, built like a tank and hear lots bad stories about all brands quality these days.
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel
2006 Fish Rite 18' Yamaha 115 and T8
9 REPLIES 9

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
roaminaround wrote:
Well we ended up buying a 2019 2608BSD. So far we love it. I love the sturdy design of the pull down steps and we got the theater seating. However we do have an issue with the bedroom slide. Something broke and it doesn't come in straight unless I nudge the bed with my knee while my wife pushes the like switch. Seems to be common to have some issues with new units anymore.

Congrats on the 2608!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the slide issue?

Can you elaborate on what broke?
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

Family_at_large
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2706WS, only issue is the outside induction cook top doesn't work very well. Other than that we love the trailer.

roaminaround
Explorer
Explorer
Well we ended up buying a 2019 2608BSD. So far we love it. I love the sturdy design of the pull down steps and we got the theater seating. However we do have an issue with the bedroom slide. Something broke and it doesn't come in straight unless I nudge the bed with my knee while my wife pushes the like switch. Seems to be common to have some issues with new units anymore.
2019 Rockwood 2608BS

roaminaround
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Capital J. The 2018 WS has the pass thru storage and that's a major plus for me. Best exterior storage I've seen on a front kitchen trailer of this size. A hallway next to the bath steals space from a room, in this case the bathroom. Walk thru bathrooms maximize space. We just looked at a rear living Rockwood and I prefer the quality of Rockwood to Wilddcat Maxx and other brands in this price range. Not interested in the 2019 with the wasted floor space and loss of exterior storage
2019 Rockwood 2608BS

Capital_J
Explorer
Explorer
In December 2017 we ordered a 2608SB which was the first model change from the previous 2608WS. The main difference is the door to the bedroom directly from the cabin instead of going through the bathroom. The bathroom in the SB therefore is smaller and lacks the additional cupboard behind the toilet. The door to bedroom in the SB (and the 2019BS) is a problem in that it overlaps the main slide and can get caught in the slide, if it comes open, when the slide is moved out. Don't ask me how I know that ... it was a very expensive fix!!!! The only other change was the location of the TV, which is slightly better in the SB.

We have no trouble accessing the wardrobe. It's a little tight, but I've never found myself needing to sit on the bed. I was impressed when I first saw the changes in the new model 2608BS. Certainly a lot more floor space in the bedroom, but, if I'm correct, this change eliminated the large pass-through storage in the rear of the trailer. This, to me, is a deal breaker. It also appears the bedroom window locations are less favorable.

If you've found a good deal on the 2608WS I think you would be very happy with it.

Just my 2 cents!

John

SkiddyMiller
Explorer
Explorer
Friends have a 2608BS. it has actual fender liners, something that if you tow in mud, slush is ideal. It also protects the sealed underbelly. It has steel steps, while most others in the class have lighter less maintenance aluminium steps. The large window in the galley lets in lots of light, but in the PNW, it is a condensation machine. The build quality seems similar to the Imagine we bought. Not sure if it is a factory option, but the Rockwood came with slide toppers. A week on the coast and one tore off - the wind can be extreme.
If the floor plan fits - the choice is easy.

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also have a 2019 2608BS and I agree with delwhjr.

When you look at the 2608BS or 2608BSD, you'll see the difference. It is, IMO, the best floorplan I have ever seen in a travel trailer.

The bedroom slide as opposed to the wardrobe slide is a HUGE difference maker in living space.

The 2018 2608BS and BSD had the wardrobe slide. You need to look at the 2019's.

Good luck
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
We had the 2016 2608WS and was pleased with the quality of it. The problem we had with the WS was the layout. The wardrobe slide in the bedroom was a pain to get into; had to sit on bed to open up even when out. We traded for the 2019 2608BSD which solved our issues and worked better for us.
The quality of either was very good for us.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

LibertyMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 8311WS in a Signature Series and love it. Seems to be built very well compared to our last camper (Coachmen). Although we never had the first problem with our Coachmen, you can just tell the Rockwood is better built. The only problem I have come across with our Rockwood was every single water connection was loose from the factory. During the walk-thru after we bought it, water was leaking at the connections and they had to be tightened. After a couple hundred miles of towing, I tightened them a little more for good measure and all seems well. The only thing I'm worried about is a rock catching the front windshield, fingers crossed........
2019 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite
2016 Ram CCSB 2500 CTD
GenY Weight Distribution Hitch