cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Strapping the belt to the TV

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed the new TV bracket to the wall however I have no idea how to install the safety belt to the TV or where it's supposed to be attached to? No instruction on this procedure.

Thank you,
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab
7 REPLIES 7

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:
I assume you mean a strap to hold the TV securely while travelling?

I installed velcro straps in a previous TT and used plastic clips from theclip.com. Took the velcro and clips to a shoe repair store to get the velcro stitched. You can screw into luan paneling anywhere you want with some small screws. There isn't much force involved holding the TV against a wall.

I've also seen RVs at RV shows with factory installed velcro straps for TVs. All they did was screw the velcro into a wall using a washer. Not all that elegant but does the job.

Exactly, to prevent it from swinging side to side..
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I assume you mean a strap to hold the TV securely while travelling?

I installed velcro straps in a previous TT and used plastic clips from theclip.com. Took the velcro and clips to a shoe repair store to get the velcro stitched. You can screw into luan paneling anywhere you want with some small screws. There isn't much force involved holding the TV against a wall.

I've also seen RVs at RV shows with factory installed velcro straps for TVs. All they did was screw the velcro into a wall using a washer. Not all that elegant but does the job.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
CincyGus wrote:
Edited link. Seems to be working now for me. If not, Goes to Lowes website, Under Hardware, search for Blue Hawk Eye Straps and they will come up on the page, a couple difference varieties. Sink the screws into a stud on each side and buy a bungee of the right length and your golden.

Got it, Thank you...
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Edited link. Seems to be working now for me. If not, Goes to Lowes website, Under Hardware, search for Blue Hawk Eye Straps and they will come up on the page, a couple difference varieties. Sink the screws into a stud on each side and buy a bungee of the right length and your golden.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
CincyGus wrote:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-Eye-Straps-SS/4136508

Put a couple of these in studs on both sides of the tv. Then use a bungee strap to go between them. easy peasy.

Can't open the link.

Respectfully.
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blue Hawk Eye Straps

Put a couple of these in studs on both sides of the tv. Then use a bungee strap to go between them. easy peasy.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you what a swing out mount with articulating arm?

You could probably install a loop mount of some sort to the wall to put your strap through. Doesn't take much to hold these lighter TVs from moving. Would have to know more about your set up however.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"