cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need suggestions....flooring!

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Since we have a traveling dog and had been using carpet protector over our clean carpet in our small class c (24 foot and NO slides), we have decided to pull the carpet which is in some curved design under the dinette. We asked on here and it made sense that the linoleum would be under the whole floor (not cab area).

Hubby pulled the carpet and found: The linoleum stops about 2 feet from the cab area AND the plywood subfloor where it meets with another piece is not even close to being level. The piece that goes to the rear of the rv is about 3/32" higher than the front piece.

So we could put floor leveler on the piece of plywood that is not high enough and slope it. It is located about 2.5 feet from the step into the cab...what were they thinking?

I've read the flooring posts on this forum. The easiest thing to do but not the prettiest is to add in another vinyl flooring piece to make up the lost space and put down an ugly metal strip to connect the seam. I would be fine with one continous piece of vinyl but I think that would involve a tyvex pattern (so it would not rip) and cut it 1/2 larger all around....BUT there is no room under our lower cabinet doors to put quarter round.

Any ideas? Hope floor plan goes through?

Here is our floor plan...as you can see pretty much nothing is straight.
jayco 2005 escapade yslp
1 REPLY 1

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Floor leveling compound is my first thought, you will need to feather it out and maybe sand it. Tent it off with plastic or spend the next year cleaning dust from the cracks a crevices.

Sand it down with a belt sander, again feathering it out. Gonna be dusty. Tent off.

Get some cheap stick down vinyl squares and use them to build up the low area. Floor leveling compound if not prefect.