cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I finally ordered all my stuff to make the 13 Explorer towable. light kit with diodes, and RV-toad umbilical cord. And Roadmaster base plate.

I`v had the tow bar (Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000) and brake system (VIP Tow>
Now I`v got more work to do, but I don't mind this kind of work!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
3 REPLIES 3

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadmaster Invisibrake comes with the dash mounted led wired from the cold side of the brake switch on the toad. It lights when the brake peddle on the tow actually moves.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
You'll enjoy having the toad! When I upgraded to a 6 connector cord it allowed for a charge line and a wire from the toad brake lights to a MH cab light. Now I know when the toad brakes are applied. Something to consider when wiring the toad even if you currently have a 4 wire cord.

When we started more extensive traveling the box brake became a pain. Now absolutely nothing to do related to the aux brake as it's 100% automatic.

Iโ€™ve seen those kits. I like them and the fact you donโ€™t have to mess with them. When the time comes to invest in a new brake system Iโ€™ll be looking at something like that. And I like the idea of knowing if the toad brakes are applied. I think I have the extra wire in the cord to do that.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
You'll enjoy having the toad! When I upgraded to a 6 connector cord it allowed for a charge line and a wire from the toad brake lights to a MH cab light. Now I know when the toad brakes are applied. Something to consider when wiring the toad even if you currently have a 4 wire cord.

When we started more extensive traveling the box brake became a pain. Now absolutely nothing to do related to the aux brake as it's 100% automatic.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob