cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Doing something wrong with winterizing

Cougargm
Explorer
Explorer
I've been winterizing my own Class Cs for the past ten yrs...but the past three yrs I've apparently had a problem with the shower. Everything else- spigots, toilet, water heater- have been find when I de-winterized. But several yrs in a row I've had to replace the shower spigot. One yr it was leaking, and this yr the vacuum breaker had a small leak. I didn't have these issues the first yrs but it's been a few in a row. Maybe it's coincidence but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong with the shower spigot.
9 REPLIES 9

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used the dry method the 2nd year. First year with Pink Stuff I had that same issue with the vacuum breaker.

The vacuum breaker is a rubber disc, that's all you can clean it and turn it over and it will work again
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Cougargm wrote:
I actually take the shower hose off after making sure the red stuff flows through it.
With all you do it sounds like age is catching up with you . . er . . your rig.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Dick_B wrote:
It seems to me that if pink stuff flows out of every orifice you can't go wrong.

X2
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to me that if pink stuff flows out of every orifice you can't go wrong.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
schlep1967 wrote:
Are you using RV Antifreeze or just blowing air through the lines?

Cougargm wrote:
I actually take the shower hose off after making sure the red stuff flows through it.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you using RV Antifreeze or just blowing air through the lines?
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Cougargm
Explorer
Explorer

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
After winterizing, I remove both shower heads/hoses to keep anything from pooling in the hose. I cover the outside shower hose hookup with plastic wrap held in place with a rubber band. I know it looks pretty redneck, but it works. Oh, I am a redneck.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

sammytoo
Explorer
Explorer
Are you leaving the shower valve open and the shower head lower then the valve? If not enough condensation can collect to cause a problem.