Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Folding Trailers: Is this forum dead, wow
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Is this forum dead, wow

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
aftermath

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got out of tent trailer life years ago but continue to check this forum out of interest. I have also noticed a diminished number of postings. I believe that part of this is the fact, perhaps, that there are fewer pop ups on the road these days. When we had one we would see many on the roads, some just like ours. Now we look and still see them but the numbers are down. What we see these days are the very large trailers and fifth wheels.

Facebook has changed things for sure but I continue to refuse to go there. There have always been rude posters and they will continue to muck things up with their attitude but most of us can get through them. I would hate to see any forum disappear. Hopefully, even if the numbers decline, we will be able to read about this great classification of RVs. Long live the tent trailer!

2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

Mike Up

NW Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been at the Forest River Pop Up forum as it's been the most active, but now Pop Up Portal seems the most active so I'll start sharing my time there as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeh, the fighting, flaming, name calling got to be old here so I stopped visiting as much. But with moderators that can be changed so I'm all for strict moderators.

Even with the fighting here, it always was very very busy and if I didn't want to join in the fighting, I could always read what I needed and only respond to that thread. Now that's not even an option.

2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

newman fulltimer wrote:

What I seen kill this forum is all the ones that rather badger and argue than actually post to help people .It gets old seeing same arguments between people daily.

Agree this has become a real problem here.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

galexander

Omaha,Nebraska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 05:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have been gone for a few years because of getting a TT but recently have gone back to a P/U and this site is really slow. Hate dealing with Photobucket and there where quite a few rude people here. Hopefully "we can all get along". Life is too short.

2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2020 Cherokee Wolf Pup 14CC
Tekonsha Brake Controller

PAThwacker

East Stroudsburg, PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/19 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah forums dead, popups are dead. I finally got my estimate and total information on my 07 Jayco 1206 that got t-boned back on 7/13/19. Paid $2k for the rat and got $6300 lol. Goodbye camping as a norm with kids in sports now 80 percent of the year.

2007 Jayco Select 12HW.
Lowe Bass Catcher Pro Mod-V Welded 50hp Mercury
Bell Chestnut Prospector 16ft Royalex
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb

Mike Up

NW Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeh, I only visit here rarely anymore. Just had an awesome time in my new Pop Up.

junmy3

Middle Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is definitely not what it used to be. I only get on once or twice a year and rarely post a reply, but will ask a question once now and then. I posted a question today and was amazed to see only one page of new questions and only 5 active pages. I did not quit coming on because of the moderators, very few issues with them. Mostly it was the hostile replies especially to the new members. Why did you not do a search, you are an idiot for asking that question and etc.

Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 09/26/19 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we had our tent trailer they were rather inexpensive and lightweight. Our first weighed only 1000lbs fully loaded. We pulled it with a small Suzuki Samurai which did great. Our 2nd tent trailer weighed 2000lbs fully loaded and was very roomy. Pulled it with ease with small Nissan truck (much smaller than todays Nissan/Toyota trucks).

Todays tent trailers are mostly high sided with all the bells and whistles, weigh considerably more and are priced close to what small hybrids or travel trailers cost.

I tend to think many feel at the weight and cost they might as well buy a hybrid or small trailer.

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

aftermath

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/19 10:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like I said in an earlier post, used to have a popup but still like to follow.

That said, I wanted to share my story and I think I have the picture to go with it posted below...I think. We bought this tent trailer in 1988 and had it for 17 years. Last year my youngest daughter told me that they were looking for a tent trailer but couldn't afford much. I went to Craigslist immediately and found our old one! It was December with snow and ice all over. It had been neglected but things were fixable. I brought it home, cleaned and fixed things and finally put new canvas on it as the screens were deteriorated and frankly, not safe for our energetic grandson. Anyway, I hope the picture comes through. I have first dibs on it when she gets ready to sell.

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/19 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been here since 2004.

All things change, and this website is no exception.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> Is this forum dead, wow
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.