Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Gardiner Montana
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
leesan

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/19 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for decent campgrounds with clean bathrooms and full hookups around the Gardiner area.Pulling a 25 Feet Travel Trailer.Thanks

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we were there we stayed at:
Rocky Mountain RV Park
14 Jardine Rd Gardiner, Montana nice place!!

Stacey Frank
2018 Holiday Rambler Admiral XE 31A
SMI Braking system
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

caver

Missouri, The Cave State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stripit wrote:

When we were there we stayed at:
Rocky Mountain RV Park
14 Jardine Rd Gardiner, Montana nice place!!

That's where I stayed several years ago. Small world story at that CG. I had a Chalet A-frame pop-up. Guy about my age walks up to me in the CG and said "weren't you at a campground in Ogallala Nebraska earlier this week"? Yeah! He said "we were camped right next to you when that storm was rolling in"....."I remember the a-frame and motorcycle in your truck bed". I guess I was too busy putting safety straps over camper roof as a precaution to the pending storm to pay attention but did recall a guy in a class A next to me.

Cougarnewbie

Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are two nice parks in Gardener. One is "in town" We have stayed there twice. Not bad at all. The other is about a mile North. We stayed there several times. It has many retired full time RVers that WorKamp in the park. Fewer children. DW said they had the cleanest wash rooms and laundry she had ever seen. I would recommend either one. In season make reservations early.

May All Your On Ramps be Downhill

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cannot recall the name, but just north of town, right beside the river is a nice clean looking park. I was told a lot of the people working FT in YS stay there. We did not stay there, but it was/is filed for future reference

texasjayco

Texas Hill Country - west of Austin

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be sure to go to K-BAR Cafe/Pizza in Gardiner!! Awesome food at a great price!!

Mark

2019 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel Dually

My Hometown

kknowlton

southeast Idaho, formerly IL/WI border

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/19 10:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for Rocky Mt RV Park. Tight sites but you won't be hanging around the CG anyway - too much to see in & around the Park. Check out the Yellowstone Forever shop in town, and see if the Park historical museum is available to visit; it's new and has weird hours but should have some neat stuff.

Quote:

That's where I stayed several years ago. Small world story at that CG. I had a Chalet A-frame pop-up. Guy about my age walks up to me in the CG and said "weren't you at a campground in Ogallala Nebraska earlier this week"? Yeah! He said "we were camped right next to you when that storm was rolling in"....."I remember the a-frame and motorcycle in your truck bed". I guess I was too busy putting safety straps over camper roof as a precaution to the pending storm to pay attention but did recall a guy in a class A next to me.

Something similar happened to us a couple years ago; we noticed a MH from NH in a state park we were camping in not far from our home, then about a month later, there they were in a small private CG in central Idaho! Fun to get reacquainted with them!

jamesu

Camano Island, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

End of September, 2015: Rocky Mtn, RV Park, in town right before the Yellowstone River bridge when coming from I-90. The crew was prepping for winter closure at the end of that week. At the time the city and NPS was doing major road construction/renovation downtown on the other side of the bridge. It was a mess; should be done by now.

Gardiner is the original northern entrance to the park. It is a long drive to anywhere in Yellowstone. Our next trip we’ll probably stay nearer to West Yellowstone.

2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.