cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Point Drain Valve Access 2004 Fleetwood 26Q

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Tried unsuccessfully to open and close low point drain valves through tiny access panel on the floor , near bathroom door. Valves are behind water lines, hard to see and hard to turn. You must lay on your side or belly to reach valve levers in narrow "hallway". After struggling for an hour and making a hook tool from 1/8" rod, it didn't work. My arms are covered with old man purple bruises with some bleeding and I am stiff as a board. I PM'd IAMICHABOD about gaining access by removing dinette seat and plywood cover. He confirmed that he does it that way.

BTW: These valves must be closed completely for water system to pressurize and water pump to stop running automagically.

I plan to leave the low point drain valves closed in future sanitizing.
It seems that more current RV's are more owner maintenance friendly with dedicated enclosures and with labeled valves and instructions.
Hope this helps some RV'ers with Fleetwood 26Q's
8 REPLIES 8

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Low point drains are needed if you blow the system out for winterizing. If you use the antifreeze to winterize, they are not needed.
Brian

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
If you can finally get them open, I would suggest leaving them open, and add accessible valves under the RV where the lines exit through the floor.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Photo shows how plumbing is in the way when reaching through small access panel hole from the left. Access must have been designed by someone who was being laid off.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4van wrote:
Are you sure that they "turn"? Some valves are "pull" to open.

Oh Yea they turn

Click For Full-Size Image.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure that they "turn"? Some valves are "pull" to open.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our C used and the low point drains never worked! I opened the valves, in the base of bathroom sink cabinet. I crawled under the motor home and ran a coat hanger up the pex thinking I would get a bath, not even a drop. Shut the valves and never looked back. That was 5 or 6 years ago.
Brian

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Many of us senior RV'ers are old and fat. It may be OK to ignore low point drains and make sure bleach water runs through all of the plumbing during sanitizing. I doubt that a little diluted bleach water flow damages water heater tanks and filters. It's good to drain water heater, flush it out and change anodes when needed.

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info. I still can't find my low point drains.. maybe I don't have any. kinda old and fat to be digging around like you did
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member