cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well.....we've done it again

AtlDave
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that life and times have repeated themselves for us.

Decades ago, we transitioned from a Popup to a Travel Trailer because the kids were outgrowing the Popup. Years later we found ourselves selling the Travel Trailer because we were so busy with kids in band, choir, drum line, theater and sports.

Now the kids are gown and out of the house. So, we got the bright idea to get back into camping. Got ourselves a new Popup. Then we discovered that the summers here in GA were too hot for the A/C to keep up with. So today, we are the proud new owners of another Travel Trailer.

Till death do us part!!
Dave & Kathy
Jake & Rose (The Fur Kids)
2016 GMC Canyon
2020 Grey Wolf 20RDSE
6 REPLIES 6

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tents for 35 years, 10 of those traveling on motorcycle. 20 years popup. 7 years Toyota motorhome. 2 years TT and counting. Hope for at least another 15 years TT. I love camping. So does my wife and 3 of our 4 kids.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Parents always took us tent camping. Cheap vacation for 7 kids. After we all moved out they upgraded to a pop up. Got too old to go camping so I got it. Got a lot of years out of it but it needed some major ceiling work so sold it. Went back to tent camping for a few years and decided we wanted the comfort of heat and air, ability to have it packed and hit the road and relativity easy setup. If weather is bad, so what. Better to be stuck in a camper on a rainy day than be at the office on a sunny day.

Last fall got a TT and love it. Ours is a bunk house which at first we did not want. However, those bunks are great for putting suitcases and other stuff. We are taking our 6 year old grand daughter camping in a couple of weeks

When we bought it the goal was at least 4 trips a year, we will have 5 this year.

Tent->Pop Up->Tent->TT.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ha, the circle of RV life!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
We had a pop up as well, then a travel trailer that was parked at a camp ground. After the kids grew up we wanted to "camp" again so we got a 17 foot hybrid trailer which we used for 7 years and really enjoyed it. A couple of years ago we did a 25 day trip to the Yukon, after we got back the first thing we did was get a 27 foot travel trailer - size does matter!!
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
First time buying a camper. I was inclined for a pop-up since I still want to maintain the outdoors feel.

But saw one taking a bit of time and struggle to put up one. That's when I decided to go with the wife's preference (that's my excuse and I'm staying with it).

We also looked at the Mercedes Benz van conversion camper and my wife asked, it's way cool, but where's the shower/toilet? And for the first time we agreed on something, it's not for us. Whew!

mnaquaman
Explorer
Explorer
My wife & I did the same thing! Sold everything because life was to busy. A few years later - Let's go Camping! So we found a bank repo Pop-up - used it twice and absolutely hated it. We went right out and bought a brand new 2017 Jayco 23BHM. Bought the pop-up and traded it in for more than I paid for it -SO all is good!!

Happy camping
Randy & Sharon Engelland
Farmington, MN
2017 Jayco 23bhm
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ