cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any reverse snowbirds out there?

Dave5143
Explorer
Explorer
I know that quite a few of you come down here to Arizona in the winter to escape the cold. I also know many of you congregate near Quartzsite. What I want to know is where do my fellow Arizonans go to escape the hot months. Is there a sort of Quartzsite of the North where you all go? Just curious.
Dave & Mary

2012 Denali 289RK
Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel
9 REPLIES 9

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are watching this thread. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a house in Wickenburg and are going to do the reverse snowbird. Would appreciate responders giving specific locations rather than Montana. It is a big state. We've lived in CO for 39 years and know all the summer nice high altitude places which will be on our schedule for a few weeks to a month every year.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still here in Tucson setting up our RV show in triple digit heat and we do have people buying. We're leaving soon for a few days in San Diego, though, where temps are barely into the 70s. I have commitments here and can't leave for extended stays in cooler weather.

I have one friend who stays in San Diego the entire summer. It runs him over $6k to do so at a premier RV resort. I used to think that was expensive but remembered my last cruise ship suite ran me the same amount for only a week. I'll do SD for 3 months anytime.

Realistically it's hot everywhere. My wife's family is having a camping party this weekend in southern Michigan and it's forecast to be over 100. We've been to Idaho and Montana when temps have been in the 90s. It's summer.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
While not a Arizonan we still have oppressive heat of the summer time. I like to go to Northern Minnesota the summer.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flagstaff.
There is no Quartzite of the North, which is a relief to me.

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
Lived in Town of Paradise Valley in the 1970's.
We bought a motorhome. We went to NE AZ a lot. Up on the Apache Indian reservation, you could camp for $1 & fish for $2. The government stocked the lakes and stream. The areas were above 7,000 feet so it was very comfortable.

Also made trips to SW Colorado - mountains, Telluride, etc
Went to Yellowstone
Drove coast highway thru WA, OR & Northern CA

Have fun, be cool & get out of the "Valley of the SUN"
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The west coast has one big air conditioner - the Pacific Ocean. Plus plenty of mountains above 4,000 ft in the western mountains.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
We travel the Oregon coast or visit our kids in the Portland Or/Vancouver WA area.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I have several friends that are residents of Yuma, Arizona that are reverse snowbirds.

One goes to Montana for .the summer.

Another goes to Show Low, Az which is in Northern Arizona at 6300 ft elevation so summers are mild compared to Yuma.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will find us in Idaho and Montana when we leave Yuma.