cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuzion Pivoting Wall

gbsb
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Keystone Fuzion FZ 383. A small car pulled out in front of me and I did a panic stop. When I got to the campground I discovered the pivoting wall in the back had ripped loose from the hinges and hit the floor and the slide out that was in. Has any one had this problem. The wall goes all the way across the back and I can not push it back up. I think the 383 is the only toy hauler with this set up.
3 REPLIES 3

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
The insurance company may fall back on the Keystone's warning to always put the wall in the traveling position when moving the RV. Mine specifically states not to travel with it otherwise. It's not very well supported to travel that way since it has no upper fastener if it's not in the travel position. That would allow the upper corner to put some severe torque on the whole thing in that sudden panic stop, and the hinges apparently couldn't hold all the weight.

Not to be mean, but I'm glad it didn't fail while it was in the travel position. That makes me a little more confident that we don't have that to look forward to. 🙂 I hope the insurance company deals fairly with you, but they do try to get out of paying anyway they can.

We've been very happy with ours except for a few hiccups. The rear lower vent wasn't sealed well enough and water got in and damaged the floor, and the bedroom slide wasn't caulked well enough and water got in and damaged the floor. We discovered and repaired the bedroom floor probably 5 years ago, and found the other damage just last year. The WFCO converter bit the dust last year, but from what I've read we were lucky it lasted that long.

This is how our living room looks with the wall in position. We haul a couple motorcycles in ours.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

gbsb
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. The wall was in the position it would be in if you were watching TV. I had put some wood wedges under the bottom to help hold it while going down road but that didn't help I guess. We have used ours a lot we are full timers so it is home. We have been to Alaska and back , the Outer Banks, Down to Baja Mexico, Quartsite AZ several times with no problem. I have hauled every thing from Harleys to a Polaris Razor, no problem. make one short trip of 100 miles and it come apart. I will check out the Keystone site Thanks. I do not know how Insurance adjuster is going to know what to do. They will probably say manufacture defect and not pay, I do not have much faith in insurance companies.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very true, the only one I know of, and we have one also. And personally I love it. Best of both worlds...until something goes wrong anyway. 🙂

Did you have it in the traveling position, i.e., perpendicular to the rear ramp door? Did the hinges pull away from the mounting points on the upper part, or did they come loose from the wall itself? Did you have the chairs in their places?

I would imagine the only thing to do would be to put the living room slide out, and get enough people in there to lift the wall. It won't be easy, that thing looks to be heavy as heck. While it's on its side you might check the rollers and make sure they'll all under there. Maybe you lost one and that has put undue stress on the wall. Just a WAG.

We have had no trouble with our wall, and I've personally heard of no other people with problems. But you may have better luck over on the Keystone forum. There aren't very many 383's out there, and that may put you in touch with some of them that have had issues.

This is just an aside: we put down fake vinyl wood flooring over the rubber mat flooring. Maybe that raised the wall enough to counteract the rubber mat deforming under the weight of the wall. Dunno.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"