cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cheap Gas along 401

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have experience going to the native gas stations just off the 401 Exit 556 near Belleville. All I know is that stations on the Reserve are open to the general public but I have not heard of anyone actually using one of these stations. Advice?
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)
4 REPLIES 4

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
there is cheap gas in two locations near sarnia(across from port huron mich)

just south of the city on hwy 40, 15 minutes from the us/can bridge

north east of the city towards grandbend on hwy 21, 30 minutes from the bridge

no id required
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
We often pull off at exit 566, Marysville, drive south a few kms and fill up at Speedway . Usually save 8 cents a litre or so. No issues. Everyone gets the cheaper price. No ID card needed.
2010 Suncruiser

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same situation here. I fuel up on the reserve (if I can get to the pump it is very busy) for convenience but price is the same as in town.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
AFAIK, unless you have a government issued "indigenous person" id, you pay the going area price for whatever you buy. Only the aboriginals get the cheaper price/rate.
That may have changed, but that's how it worked a few years ago. Used to live and drive near the Brantford 6 Nations area when we lived nearer to it, and pulled in once, only to find that we didn't qualify for the much lower price displayed on their price signage.
Maybe some of the on reserve stations (Mohawks?) don't care any more, and sell it to everyone now?
Got a Costco card? There must be a few along your route, and they're probably the cheapest, just off the 401.

Official government blah blah
https://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/bulletins/gt/3_2011.html
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)