Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/19 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

Here is an interesting tidbit. Ford Transit BEV.

https://insideevs.com/news/343761/2021-f........transit-electric-van-everything-we-know/
Amazon just ordered 100,000 of these..... from Rivian

I wonder why the launch is in Europe (Amsterdam).

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

https://insideevs.com/news/343761/2021-f........transit-electric-van-everything-we-know/

Probably a few reasons.

EV Infrastructure is much more modern and built out in general in europe.

The netherlands is kind of the new and up and coming Norway for EV's in europe. The Tesla model 3 is literally the number one selling car there. Not electric car, but any car. Demand is much higher than supply right now.

Distances are shorter so a shorter range vehicle is a good fit.

Vehicle emission standards are almost exclusive of any gas or diesel burning vehicle in some cities now. If you are a politician and you are not a hard a$$ on city air quality and pollution you don't have a chance. We have a lot of family there and it has really become a hot topic in the last 5 years. That and they want their vehicles to be as quiet as a bike. Kinda cool.

* This post was edited 09/21/19 09:48am by Reisender *

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/19 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

Probably a few reasons.

EV Infrastructure is much more modern and built out in general in europe.

The netherlands is kind of the new and up and coming Norway for EV's in europe. The Tesla model 3 is literally the number one selling car there. Not electric car, but any car. Demand is much higher than supply right now.

Distances are shorter so a shorter range vehicle is a good fit.

Vehicle emission standards are almost exclusive of any gas or diesel burning vehicle in some cities now. If you are a politician and you are not a hard a$$ on city air quality and pollution you don't have a chance. We have a lot of family there and it has really become a hot topic in the last 5 years. That and they want their vehicles to be as quiet as a bike. Kinda cool.

Excellent analysis! I agree with you.

I was just in Europe and with the heat had to wear a Tesla hat and whenever I stop gets asked if I own one and even if I answer no, would be treated like a royalty (lol, the last one was an exaggeration).

And in Europe, clean air, climate change and a healthy natural environment is not a partisan political issue.

* This post was edited 09/21/19 11:48am by Yosemite Sam1 *

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Excellent analysis! I agree with you.

I was just in Europe and with the heat had to wear a Tesla hat and whenever I stop gets asked if I own one and even if I answer no, would be treated like a royalty (lol, the last one was an exaggeration).

And in Europe, clean air, climate change and a healthy natural environment is not a partisan political issue.

Europe is the greatest, other than we had to set them straight a couple of times. Why not move there? I would suggest France, you would fit right in. You can thank me later[emoticon]

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think population density and the MUCH higher cost of fuel makes Europe a better place to launch. For example:

US $ and US Gallon

Paris $5.54

London UK $5.79

Frankfurt $5.57

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Is that why the EU has a NOx limit 30 times higher than the US, and up until Euro 6 had a much higher PM, CO, and CO2 limit for vehicles? Is that also why the US CO2 output has decreased the passed several years while the EU has increased in the past two years?

The reason why it is such a partisan issue here is because you have two sides that disagree on the cause and solution. However, one side dismisses what the other side is saying because they believe that only their's is the correct answer so nothing gets done. Sort of like someone here.

* This post was last edited 09/21/19 01:26pm by ShinerBock *   View edit history

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

I think population density and the MUCH higher cost of fuel makes Europe a better place to launch. For example:

US $ and US Gallon

Paris $5.54

London UK $5.79

Frankfurt $5.57

Yah that’s for sure Don. We travel a lot of miles by rental cars in Europe in a bunch of different countries. It’s pricey. A lot of fun though...and hard on the waste line. [emoticon]

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/21/19 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Average price for power in USA is $0.12 per KWH.

Price in UK is $0.20

Price in France is $0.19

Price in Germany is $0.35

Price in Norway is $0.054 (and has doubled in the last year)

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/19 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From @2012 Coleman, from the king of gibberish @Bert Ackerman - "Europe is the greatest, other than we had to set them straight a couple of times. Why not move there? I would suggest France, you would fit right in. You can thank me later."

Anyone see any substance on this post?

Or is that channeling your demigod telling an elected representative of her people to "go back (to her country)" stupidly not knowing she was born here?

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/19 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

US $ and US Gallon

Paris $5.54

London UK $5.79

Frankfurt $5.57

Yah that’s for sure Don. We travel a lot of miles by rental cars in Europe in a bunch of different countries. It’s pricey. A lot of fun though...and hard on the waste line. [emoticon]

There should have been more wine than the servings of those tasty food for that fat dissolving true Mediterranean diet.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.