cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert leveling pump unit

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone here been inside the Lippert levelling pump unit yet? Our 2015 Winnebago has had an intermittent issue for the last few years that seems to be getting more frequent. After the jacks are retracted, after about 5-10 minutes the jacks down light will come on (when driving) and the pump will start to build the pressure back up. This only lasts a couple seconds and light is back out for 5-10 minutes again. I've watched the jacks with the RV sitting still and when this happens you cannot see any jack movement so it's the pressure leaking off the retract side just enough to start the automatic safety retract cycle. Of course Lippert does not consider this a serviceable item and only sells a complete unit and some assorted coils and pressure switches. I'm certain the pressure switch is not at fault otherwise the pump would not cycle as it does. It would be nice to find a breakdown of the valve body itself to help with fixing whatever is wrong. I can only assume the check valve on the retract side at times does not seat properly and lets a tiny amount of fluid to leak back lowering the retract pressure fall enough to trigger the pump. I'm sure the pressure is pretty **** high and the leak must be very small to take as much time as it does to fall to the pump start value. I'm making a guess that the valve is either tight in it's bore or the sealing surface has some imperfection that could be polished out. This has been going on for about 3 years, behaving fine for many months on end before "breaking bad" and doing it's mischief for a while. I've found that most often, it will stop on it's own after about 10 cycles. Occasionally, I've pulled off the road and cycled the system through auto level and retract and the problem quits. Sure would like to hear from someone who's tinkered with one of these valves before I dive in.
2 REPLIES 2

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered switch... Amazon was the best price.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
When this happens and it make no difference if LCI or Equalizer or any system that uses a pressure switch to activate down indicator---It is always the pressure switch. They do have updates for some switches. They also have an extra port on the manifold to ADD a extra switch when this problem happens. It all depends on the Year model and model of the Pump system. IF no fluid leaking on the ground, you have a pressure switch problem. Doug

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/technical-information-sheets/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd...