cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detached TV antenna

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
As I mentioned in a prior post I returned from a trip with several problems. This is the second.

The round, black omnidirectional tv/radio antenna was hanging over the side of the trailer. It was held in place by the thick (TV?) cable and the thin (radio?) wire had broken. The thin wire is broken off level with the round base at the bottom of the antenna so it will be difficult to bare the wire and solder it back together.

The antenna seems to be held to the base by tabs on the base that fit into slots in the antenna and then rotated into position and held in place. There is some caulk (looks like Dicor) that the installer put in place to help the antenna stay with the base. Obviously a poor design and the caulk did not prevent it from coming loose from the high winds we experienced.

What is the make of the antenna? There are no markings on it and the small paper tab is faded and unreadable.

So, have any of you experienced this problem and do you have any advice on a fix?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y
1 REPLY 1

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
It's probably a Winegard Roadstar. If so you didn't loose much. The extra wire is more than likely the power amplifier wire. Don't know what to tell you to replace it with but to me the old style crankup Winegard with the sensar(wingman) addition was the best. Maybe they make something that is as good. I'm sure others can suggest a good replacement.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand