cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sat dish with receiver in slide

Solarman
Explorer
Explorer
Our current rig has the satellite dish permanently mounted on the roof and the cables run through the ceiling to the receiver. We are looking to get a newer rig but they all seem to have the entertainment center in a slide. How do you deal with running cables from a roof-mounted dish to a receiver in a slideout?
JC Smith
Radio Station K0HPS
35' Forest River Columbus
8 REPLIES 8

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You don't need a wireless connection between the antenna and the receiver. You simply place the receiver somewhere NOT in a slide-out and then run the wireless connection between the receiver and the TV. Apparently, not everyone understood what the OP was trying to accomplish.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your title threw several of us. "sat dish with receiver in slide " Think about that. Of course most everyone understood what you meant.
There may be some sort of wireless connector from the antenna to a reciever you could place in the slide, but I have never seen one. Great idea if there is such a thing
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Google wireless hdmi
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about all, but my KZ came prewired for roof sat or there is a connection in the control section outside. Requires some jumpers inside be moved and per Dish many of the pre-wired" RV's have bad cabling. (mine did with a loose end)
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Solarman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having trouble seeing how some of this stuff would work. So is there some sort of wireless connection between the satellite antenna and the receiver? Or is it between the receiver and the TV? I can see installing the receiver away from the TV but not interested in running HDMI cable inside the RV between the Receiver and the TV.
JC Smith
Radio Station K0HPS
35' Forest River Columbus

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Your receiver doesn't need to be in the slideout. My rig's receivers are not near any of the TVs. I run a heavy-duty HDMI cable to the exterior TV in the galley slide - it works fine.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That's a good question.
The wires for 12VDC and 120VAC are run through coil cords.

So adding a common, straight ant. cable may be challenging.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
You run the wires alongside existing wires/plumbing. Don't use solid copper wires, use multistrand flexible wires including the coax.

DTV also has wireless Genie Clients for TVs as another option.

Or wireless HDMI with the receiver elsewhere.

With RF remotes the receiver can be elsewhere.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob