cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded 2020 Coleman...the good, the bad, ugly and duh?

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
The good:

All power leveling jacks, front and back (there goes my already very little exercise).

Controls and switches in one location and panel.

Almost full size fridge.

3-burner stove.

Fully-marked fuse box.

Led mood lights on the bed (ahem, dear are you ready yet?)

Straight to the duh:

Drain pipe underneath the RV placed in the middle (it used to be conveniently arm-length accessible on the side). Now, you have to go prone to reach it.

Fresh and hot water drain pipes placed too close side by side that you have to bend the other to open the valve on the other so you hand can fit in between and twist the valve.

Staircase legs hitting the body of the trailer when fully retracted.

Outright ugly:

Exposed and uneven sawing of plywood panels on sofa and dinette storages.
6 REPLIES 6

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
I am pretty sure I read that the name Coleman can be bought and used for anyone with enough cash. Who makes this Coleman? The problems you describe seem consistant with general quality of the RV industry with few exceptions

This one, although a higher model, seems to be a huge leap in improvements in features and in technologies from the other one of just a little less than two years old.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
When a buddy was looking at Coleman popups about 10 years ago, he found that the used ones had black mold or rotten wood underneath. It seems the floors are OSB and are unprotected from spray as you go down the road.
Maybe they've fixed that?

For this model, the undercarriage is fully covered and I can see foam plugging all the cavities.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman TT'S are made by Dutchman RV. The pop ups were made by Fleetwood in the past.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I am pretty sure I read that the name Coleman can be bought and used for anyone with enough cash. Who makes this Coleman? The problems you describe seem consistant with general quality of the RV industry with few exceptions
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
When a buddy was looking at Coleman popups about 10 years ago, he found that the used ones had black mold or rotten wood underneath. It seems the floors are OSB and are unprotected from spray as you go down the road.
Maybe they've fixed that?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“Drain pipe underneath the RV placed in the middle (it used to be conveniently arm-length accessible on the side). Now, you have to go prone to reach it.”

RVs designed by those who don’t camp...ever.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad