Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Trouble with California
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Trouble with California

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 25  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

rk911 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

ksg, "probable cause" will get a warrant issued. The SC cases approving ag inspections don't need "probable cause" or a warrant. Its not a "search" but an "inspection." This is a PEST issue, not a criminal action...

taking the OP at his word...what kind of fruit and veggie inspection includes the under-chassis and roof of the RV? we've had Customs and Border Patrol checkpoints that didn't rise to that level.


Could it be that bugs tend to "hang on" in those places???

They just found two oriental fruit flies in San Joaquin. If they find 6 of them, it could mean the area is under quarantine for 9 months.

Bugs are a major disaster waiting to happen.


ok, i'll buy that. but if bugs are a major disaster waiting to happen then why aren't the ag inspection stations operated 24/7? we've crossed into CA on I-40 twice in the last few years both times on a weekday during 'normal' working hours and both times the ag station was closed. just wonderin'. if it's a money thing (and it always is) then either CA doesn't know how to prioritize or the disaster they're trying to avert is mostly hype.


And your point is?

rk911

Wheaton IL

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

rk911 wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

rk911 wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

ksg, "probable cause" will get a warrant issued. The SC cases approving ag inspections don't need "probable cause" or a warrant. Its not a "search" but an "inspection." This is a PEST issue, not a criminal action...

taking the OP at his word...what kind of fruit and veggie inspection includes the under-chassis and roof of the RV? we've had Customs and Border Patrol checkpoints that didn't rise to that level.


Could it be that bugs tend to "hang on" in those places???

They just found two oriental fruit flies in San Joaquin. If they find 6 of them, it could mean the area is under quarantine for 9 months.

Bugs are a major disaster waiting to happen.


ok, i'll buy that. but if bugs are a major disaster waiting to happen then why aren't the ag inspection stations operated 24/7? we've crossed into CA on I-40 twice in the last few years both times on a weekday during 'normal' working hours and both times the ag station was closed. just wonderin'. if it's a money thing (and it always is) then either CA doesn't know how to prioritize or the disaster they're trying to avert is mostly hype.


And your point is?

i think my point is clear. if the bugs are THAT much of a pblm i'd think the ag insp. stations would be staffed 24/7/365.


Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
_________________________________
2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
'46 Willys CJ2A
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Airdaile wrote:

et2 wrote:

California has a lot to worry about. But it won't be a insect that devastates it's economy.


Yup. If California collapses, it won't be because of a bark beetle. More likely it will be because they elected Governor Moonbeam twice.


Collapse, the national government may go first with record breaking deficits and debts.

California is now into 5 years of consecutive budget surplus.

I bet those who are criticizing the state are not from CA, and/or whose state is being subsidized by the state's taxpayers. Or, from within but can't take to leave.

I'm not even from California but understand why it's the national and global trend-setter, technological and environmental benchmark.

Ok, if you all still don't understand it, the livelihood of the farmers takes priority over your tender feelings and paranoia.

rk911

Wheaton IL

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Airdaile wrote:

et2 wrote:

California has a lot to worry about. But it won't be a insect that devastates it's economy.


Yup. If California collapses, it won't be because of a bark beetle. More likely it will be because they elected Governor Moonbeam twice.


Collapse, the national government may go first with record breaking deficits and debts.

California is now into 5 years of consecutive budget surplus.

I bet those who are criticizing the state are not from CA, and/or whose state is being subsidized by the state's taxpayers. Or, from within but can't take to leave.

I'm not even from California but understand why it's the national and global trend-setter, technological and environmental benchmark.

Ok, if you all still don't understand it, the livelihood of the farmers takes priority over your tender feelings and paranoia.

all the more reason why the ag insp. stations should operate 24/7/365. no?

Camper8251

Gallatin Valley MT

Senior Member

Joined: 08/30/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You know I aint the sharpest tool in the shed but I know this much.

You folks are just plain stupid.....

They didn't set up the AG inspection stations to harass you, they are trying to protect our resources.....

What happens when you bring an invasive species to a place where its not supposed to be, it kills our trees, our fish our agriculture...

I mean come on, you all like to come out west and see the beautiful scenery and stuff, eat the produce produced by California, eat the fish caught in the lakes and streams, oceans.....

Br refusing these inspections you have the potential to cause harm and damage to all these things...

The reason, you were probably singled out was cause yes you are from New York, but maybe its the fact that you are TRAVELING!! DUH....How do you think this **** gets to all these locations??? They hitch rides on boats, cars, RV's, Trailers, Trucks, Airplanes.. yada yada...

Pine Beetles, Asian Carp, Zebra Mussels to name a few

Wake up People!


2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 DMAX
Outdoors RV 23DBS
19.5 Vision Wheels with
Toyo M608z's 225/70R19.5 14 plys rated at 3970

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Airdaile wrote:

et2 wrote:

California has a lot to worry about. But it won't be a insect that devastates it's economy.


Yup. If California collapses, it won't be because of a bark beetle. More likely it will be because they elected Governor Moonbeam twice.


Collapse, the national government may go first with record breaking deficits and debts.

California is now into 5 years of consecutive budget surplus.

I bet those who are criticizing the state are not from CA, and/or whose state is being subsidized by the state's taxpayers. Or, from within but can't take to leave.

I'm not even from California but understand why it's the national and global trend-setter, technological and environmental benchmark.

Ok, if you all still don't understand it, the livelihood of the farmers takes priority over your tender feelings and paranoia.

all the more reason why the ag insp. stations should operate 24/7/365. no?


'm sure there are experts way beyond your knowledge who can issue alerts to put all-hands on deck once these particular risk are present or imminent.

But heck, if you are paying your taxes in California, you have the rights to demand that.

BTW, should this console you, I've crossed the Nevada-CA inspection site at 2 am at the coldest of winter and a woman inspector from another lane was beaming flashlight on the underside of the RV with out-of-state license plate.

* This post was edited 10/21/19 07:59pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

Lwiddis

Oceano Dunes, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“As a general rule, no officer can make an inspection into your automobile or residence without a warrant that requires probable cause.”

Inaccurate, down the avenue.


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)


Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper8251 wrote:

You know I aint the sharpest tool in the shed but I know this much.

You folks are just plain stupid.....

They didn't set up the AG inspection stations to harass you, they are trying to protect our resources.....

What happens when you bring an invasive species to a place where its not supposed to be, it kills our trees, our fish our agriculture...

I mean come on, you all like to come out west and see the beautiful scenery and stuff, eat the produce produced by California, eat the fish caught in the lakes and streams, oceans.....

Br refusing these inspections you have the potential to cause harm and damage to all these things...

The reason, you were probably singled out was cause yes you are from New York, but maybe its the fact that you are TRAVELING!! DUH....How do you think this **** gets to all these locations??? They hitch rides on boats, cars, RV's, Trailers, Trucks, Airplanes.. yada yada...

Pine Beetles, Asian Carp, Zebra Mussels to name a few

Wake up People!



Well said, and the fact that you've crossed those many states to reach the other coast is "probable cause" enough.

Lwiddis

Oceano Dunes, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“taking the OP at his word...what kind of fruit and veggie inspection includes the under-chassis and roof of the RV? we've had Customs and Border Patrol checkpoints that didn't rise to that level”

When did I ever comment on Illinois’ laws and procedures? Stay away from our ag protection activities.

* This post was edited 10/21/19 08:10pm by Lwiddis *

jfkmk

NJ

Senior Member

Joined: 10/28/2011

View Profile



Posted: 10/21/19 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camper8251 wrote:

You know I aint the sharpest tool in the shed but I know this much.

You folks are just plain stupid.....

They didn't set up the AG inspection stations to harass you, they are trying to protect our resources.....

What happens when you bring an invasive species to a place where its not supposed to be, it kills our trees, our fish our agriculture...

I mean come on, you all like to come out west and see the beautiful scenery and stuff, eat the produce produced by California, eat the fish caught in the lakes and streams, oceans.....

Br refusing these inspections you have the potential to cause harm and damage to all these things...

The reason, you were probably singled out was cause yes you are from New York, but maybe its the fact that you are TRAVELING!! DUH....How do you think this **** gets to all these locations??? They hitch rides on boats, cars, RV's, Trailers, Trucks, Airplanes.. yada yada...

Pine Beetles, Asian Carp, Zebra Mussels to name a few

Wake up People!

So, are they doing these inspections on trains, planes, cruise ships, cargo ships, as well as inspecting the luggage of everyone who travels in them?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 25  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Trouble with California
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.