cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of great ideas
Thanks

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Things to look for I have found value in while having in a class C โ€ฆ.

Walk into shower. Some showers you have to step up to get into them.

Corner shower, some are bigger than others. Big ones are real roomy inside.

Counter space by the kitchen sink for food prep.

Large outside rear storage. They can be up to 100cu ft.

No window over the headboard of the bed.

Livable with slide(s) in.

A north south bed that is offset to one side. That gives you room to walk & dress on one side.

60x80 real queen bed. Uses standard bed sheets and such.

Ford E450 or Chevy 4500 chassis. As a Ford guy, I have found the Chevy better. Hate to admit that.

Just a comment. All class Cs have an overhead above the cab designed to be a bed or audio center. It is a great place for storing things. My current rig has lots of storage behind the TV in the overhead area.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Just ordered out 2351D and should pick it up April 1. Really a nice package!
Congratulations with your made-to-order Phoenix Cruiser!

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just ordered out 2351D and should pick it up April 1. Really a nice package!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
cdl2 wrote:
I'm looking for a Class C coach
24 feet long......or so
booth dine
bed in the rear, a queen size would be OK
toilet & shower
A/C
furnace
Frig
stove
Microwave
Kit sink
class III hitch
Levelers???
Around 50,000 miles
Am I crazy????

You've just described our small 2005 Itasca Spirit Class C (built by Winnebago) ... other than it doesn't have levelers.

Ours is right at around 24 feet long from rear bumper to front bumper. It does not have any slides. It has a "widebody" coach (101 inches wide) structure, so it feels quite roomy inside without slides.

The rear bed is a queen. The overhead cab bed is also a queen - but that entire overhead area can be used for storage instead, if desired. The booth dinette is designed to be quickly converted into an overnight full size bed. The entire volume under each dinette seat can be used for storage, since the area under each booth dinette seat is not taken up by a propance furnace, water heater, or fresh water tank - this makes for a huge interior storage area in addition to all the cabinets, closets, and drawers. All the drawers have gravity locks, so they never come open when traveling. Across the aisle from one of the dinette seats is a swiveling lounge chair that also slides on a track so the chair can be brought close enough to that dinette seat such that you can put you feet up on the dinette seat as a footrest.

The kitchen sink is a double sink, with a built-in foldout on the end to make for more temporary counter space.

The roof is a single piece of fiberglass that is crowned (higher in the center) and the edges of the roof all along the coach sidewalls are rolled over with the sidewalls tucked up under and into the rolled over edge - for perfect sealing.

Used small Itasca Class C motorhomes are going to be hard to find, but there must be a few of them out there.

Good luck shopping!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
A space for a washer dryer combo seems to blow most "C" units out of the water.
Coachmen Leprechaun seems to be the only outlier.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
cdl2 wrote:
Ron.....good link, nice coach!!!!

Two hands.....a slide would be a big plus!!!
Thank you!

If you want the booth dinette and the slide out, then model 2351 gets you there. If you want a larger walk-around double bed, then get 2351D with a second slide out gets you there without increasing the RV's length.

Most floor plans don't show a dinette, but it is available, maybe even at a reduced price. To make the dinette fit right, they delete the pantry adjacent to the couch. The dinette then grows right up against the fridge.

cdl2
Explorer
Explorer
Ron.....good link, nice coach!!!!

Two hands.....a slide would be a big plus!!!

We had a Class A with two slides, it was great!!

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
My two other must haves would be a slide and a black tank flush system.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
No, you are not crazy. You just described our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 HERE with less than 40,000 miles. Hey, make me an offer I can't refuse, ha, ha. It's been garage kept since new.

Phoenix USA still makes it today as seen HERE. Length without the rear ladder (we don't have that ladder) is 23'-8" over-all. The same rig today is 3" longer gained from the re-style of the E350/E450 with today's dump truck look. The PC width is a skinny 93" and height is 9'-10" to the top of the a/c (10'-1" today) so it's compact by motor home standards. Most people opt for a slide out, but we special ordered ours specifically to avoid the slide out to have our spacious booth dinette.

With two high capacity house batteries, a whole-house inverter for all-the-time 110v, decent water and waste tanks, it's been a very sweet and comfortable rig for the two of us.

But, good luck in finding a used one with the booth dinette without the slide out. Just about everyone gets the comfy-couch inside the slide out. If you want the booth dinette inside a slide out, it works in model 2351.....same floor plan but that model is one foot longer than model 2350. A few people got 2351 without a slide out and opted for an exceptionally long dinette getting a bigger table and more leg room than we have.

Your profile says you have a 91 Dolphin. Is that with a Toyota chassis? We up-sized from our 1984 Toyota Mirage HERE. Our Phoenix Cruiser is actually skinnier. The Mirage got fatter, the farther back you go.