Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Tesla Cybertruck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Cybertruck

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 47  
Prev  |  Next
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 01:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I don't know about 25 year olds but my mid fifties wife just decided what she is driving in 3 or 4 years. I just came out of the shower to find this email in my inbox. Guess I'll be driving the Leaf for a while. Sigh

[image]

She makes a good point though. You can literally fill a fridge with beer, put it on a dolly. roll it up the built in ramp...and plug it in. Now thats facility.

Just sayin. [emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mooky stinks wrote:

$10,000 to go from rwd to awd. $70,000 for the 500 mile range(not towing) model. Someone needs to explain how they think the under 25 crowd is going to gobble these up.

No one would bother to explain it to you. They just do with 250,000 pre-orders to-date.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 01:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Well, I don't know about 25 year olds but my mid fifties wife just decided what she is driving in 3 or 4 years. I just came out of the shower to find this email in my inbox. Guess I'll be driving the Leaf for a while. Sigh

[image]

She makes a good point though. You can literally fill a fridge with beer, put it on a dolly. roll it up the built in ramp...and plug it in. Now thats facility.

Just sayin. [emoticon]

And that's just good enough reason to have one[emoticon]

Did she offer that you can ride shotgun (at least)?

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

[image]

Just sayin. [emoticon]

And that's just good enough reason to have one[emoticon]

Did she offer that you can ride shotgun (at least)?

She is a retired soldier. She gets the shotgun. [emoticon]

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

mooky stinks wrote:

$10,000 to go from rwd to awd. $70,000 for the 500 mile range(not towing) model. Someone needs to explain how they think the under 25 crowd is going to gobble these up.

No one would bother to explain it to you. They just do with 250,000 pre-orders to-date.

So you can't. Ok

2017 Silverado 1500 LT, Max Tow

2012 Outback 277RL

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 03:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't see myself dumping a half yard of sand, gravel or bark mulch in the back of one of those things. Might have a great cool factor but not to very practical as a pickup. Pickups look like they do and have flat bed rails for a reason.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Can't see myself dumping a half yard of sand, gravel or bark mulch in the back of one of those things. Might have a great cool factor but not to very practical as a pickup. Pickups look like they do and have flat bed rails for a reason.

Yah I can’t see her using it for sand or gravel either. But what would the height of the bed rails have to do with it.

She loves the fact it has a power tonneau cover. I get it. More useable lockable storage than any pickup.

Anyway. She is way down the list. I’m guessing three to four years before she sees it.

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/27/19 05:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wilber1 wrote:

Half a yard?

That's only 3'x3'x18".
Could fit that in a lot of car trunks. Not saying the springs would hold though.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 05:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Yah I can’t see her using it for sand or gravel either. But what would the height of the bed rails have to do with it.

She loves the fact it has a power tonneau cover. I get it. More useable lockable storage than any pickup.

Anyway. She is way down the list. I’m guessing three to four years before she sees it.

It isn't the height of the bedrails, its the angle. Bedrails on pickups are level for a reason. Canopies, campers, racks for snow machines, kayaks etc., plus all those things you see on contractor's trucks. Not that it will be used for fifth wheels but you could never use a truck with rails like that to haul one.

They will probably sell lots of them but not many will be used as actual trucks.

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 05:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NJRVer wrote:

wilber1 wrote:

Half a yard?

That's only 3'x3'x18".
Could fit that in a lot of car trunks. Not saying the springs would hold though.

Yup it would depend on the weight. You could fill to the top with bark mulch or sawdust but not with wet sand or gravel.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 47  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Tesla Cybertruck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.