cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

thanksgiving 2020

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
This year my wife and I went to Dandridge tenn close to gatlinburg for thanksgiving had a blast with the rv. Looking for ideas for next year. we are in cincinnati and would like to stay within 300 miles? please send ideas
4 REPLIES 4

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanksgiving 2020

Just don't buy Green Bananas.:R
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
no other ideas

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Several of us have spent Thanksgiving at Panther Creek State Park in Morristown, TN; about 20 miles NE of Dandridge. A couple years ago, we decided to stay closer to home and made reservations at Natural Tunnel SP in Virginia. They have lots of activities during the week and on Friday and Saturday, they have the "lighting of the Tunnel" with Christmas lights, Santa Claus, popcorn, hot chocolate, cappuccino, cider and coffee and small firepits sitting around and marshmallows to roast. It is a really fun time and even though our kids are teens, they enjoy the atmosphere. There is always some kind of live music.

If you decide to head down next year, we will all be there and we cook a complete Thanksgiving dinner and share with others that are camping.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Dandridge and it is a wonderful quiet little town. It's the county seat of Jefferson county. We can play tourist and go into Pigeon Forge and Sevierville and G'burg any time we want and come back home to peace and quiet. Moved here 6.5 years ago from Michigan and haven't looked back. Best place I have ever lived.

Last time we were in Cinci we went downtown to the market. That is the best market I have ever been to and the renewal of that city area has many nice brew pubs and restaurants.

As for suggestions as to where to go next time I say come back to Dandridge, Plenty to do in the area and located within day trip driving distance to go see the Biltmore Estate and Cherokee NC and even downtown Knoxville. Oak Ridge has the Museum of science and energy, this is where they enriched the uranium for the atomic bombs and is quite interesting. You didn't even scratch the surface of what there is to see and do here. Glad you liked the area and enjoyed your trip here.