cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco Hot Water Heater Problem

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Have been hooked up and working fine for a bit!
Week in Savannah, GA. and all is well. Go to Wildwood, Fl. and hook up for 3 days and all's well. Woke up this morning and no hot water 'pressure". Cold water pressure is fine. Purge hot water heater numerous time. Same issue, cold water pressure, not hot water pressure.

HELP! ๐Ÿ˜ž
2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
9 REPLIES 9

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
campermama wrote:

Can you tell me if the black part in this picture is the check valve? And anything I should know about taking it off besides draining the tank??
Thank you!!

https://gopro.com/v/nrvLm925ewJMZ

I can't tell from the photo, when I enlarge it the resolution is so low that it is just a blur. It most likely is the check valve, you will know when you take it apart. You will need to cut the red PEX tubing to disassemble. PEX tubing needs a special tool to crimp it on, so while at Home Depot buy the fitting(s) that needs no special tool, Sharkbite is one brand. This check valve may work.

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
campermama wrote:
Could the check valve be bad on a brand new trailer?

Of course it could be bad, it is a cheap plastic part. You should be able to find a quality check valve at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Can you tell me if the black part in this picture is the check valve? And anything I should know about taking it off besides draining the tank??
Thank you!!

https://gopro.com/v/nrvLm925ewJMZ
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
campermama wrote:
Could the check valve be bad on a brand new trailer?

Of course it could be bad, it is a cheap plastic part. You should be able to find a quality check valve at Home Depot or Lowe's.

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could the check valve be bad on a brand new trailer? I am having this exact problem. Very little pressure from hot water on all faucets! If the water is not hot it runs fine. Please help, pulling my hair out! I'm on the road.

Thanks!!
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
It is not supposed to look like this! There is spring and plastic retainer missing. I imagine they are in the bottom of the hot water tank.

2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
BugsRLB wrote:
After taking everything out of the basement and removing fake wood panels the water heater was found. Removed the check valve and the little plunger did not have the attached spring and clip anymore. Bought and installed a new one and viola, we have hot water pressure in the RV! :B

Thanx

Glad you fixed it.
I'll have to keep this fix in mind.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
After taking everything out of the basement and removing fake wood panels the water heater was found. Removed the check valve and the little plunger did not have the attached spring and clip anymore. Bought and installed a new one and viola, we have hot water pressure in the RV! :B

Thanx
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have cold water flow at faucets then it is not the aerators being clogged

Sounds more like the CHECK Valve in the WH Tank HOT outlet has failed
(top fitting screwed into tank)

They fall apart/clog up----stop flow out of WH Tank
Replace OR better yet....remove completely and install a Hot water outlet shutoff valve.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Try unscrewing the faucet tip and check of clog material stuff. Clean out any crud.
While it is off, turn on hot water to check for water flow.
Hope this helps! Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315