cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interior adhesive

beaubeau
Explorer
Explorer
We are remodeling our 2008 Tiffin Allegro.
We have removed all the window cornices/valances/decorations and shades.
Installed solar roll up shades.
But there are 2 places where I can’t get to with a drill to mount the new shades.
So I thought I would just use adhesive to mount the roll up shade brackets on the wall.
So far, carpet tape, industrial Velcro, nano-tape, super glue, and liquid nails have failed.
But as part of the remodel, I tried removing the coat hook in the bedroom. I removed the screws and even with all of my weight trying, those jokers are stuck to the wall.
So....
What did Tiffin use to adhere thiose hooks to the wall?
Any suggestions for adhesive that would work for our new shades?
Chip & Nancy (and our furry pack). 2008 Allegro Open Road Freightliner.
9 REPLIES 9

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
beaubeau wrote:
We are remodeling our 2008 Tiffin Allegro.
We have removed all the window cornices/valances/decorations and shades.
Installed solar roll up shades.
But there are 2 places where I can’t get to with a drill to mount the new shades.
So I thought I would just use adhesive to mount the roll up shade brackets on the wall.
So far, carpet tape, industrial Velcro, nano-tape, super glue, and liquid nails have failed.
But as part of the remodel, I tried removing the coat hook in the bedroom. I removed the screws and even with all of my weight trying, those jokers are stuck to the wall.
So....
What did Tiffin use to adhere thiose hooks to the wall?
Any suggestions for adhesive that would work for our new shades?

I'd try industrial strength double sided tape, which I recently repaired a couple of basement doors with and what the manufacture used at the factory.... Tape
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

beaubeau
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! We went with the Loctite PL8X and so far so good!
I love all the hep available on this forum.
Chip & Nancy (and our furry pack). 2008 Allegro Open Road Freightliner.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
My first glue of choice for MOST projects is GOOP. it comes in assorted flavors some have greater chemical or UV resistance.. however it's not as "Solid" as say Epoxy it retains a bit of "Stretch" when dry and this can lead to failure in a bouncing down the highway sort of way.

That said when I needed to re-stick some felt under the floor of a slideout that had come loose. My Service tech had to pull hard to peal the end off where I'd tacked it with goop. and when I spread a bead and pressed it down she said "how long to dry" I replied book says 30 minutes but 5 should do it.> Well it was perhaps 10 later when we put the floor back on top and 30 before we moved floor.. IT IS STILL where I stuck it not going anywhere. The 2-faced tape Damon used is nothing compared to Goop.

AH at last Rasperian has finished downloading.. (Another task).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flex Glue also.

JB Weld

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I have had good luck with both gorilla glue and epoxy on some projects. I actually re glued a body panel on the front of our motor home after we hit a large dog last summer in Montana. I was where the plastic body was glued to a metal brace and it is still holding fine.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
It's probably not the adhesive you are using but rather the surface you are trying to stick to. Are you sure the stock hook you are trying to remove isn't screwed in and covered with a cap?

These flexible drill extensions are handy.

Flexible drill extension
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Bruce_Brown
Just last night I watched a video on which construction adhesive was best.

Loctite PL 8X was the winner by a wide margin.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
How about using a right angle drill attachment. 90 degree attachments are cheap at Harbor Freight and may allow you to get in to that area.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
How about Loctite Power Grab all-purpose construction adhesive which they state is good to hang even towel bars
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)