cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drop down bed extension

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
On shorter TH the single drop down bed only lowers enough to still need a ladder. Can you extend the lowering rails so the bed will drop enough that you don't need a ladder, normal bed height?
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)
5 REPLIES 5

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
There's a lot of different style of bed mechanisms. Before we can give you an accurate idea of if it's possible, we need pics / details of what type of bed system you have.

Based on the replies posted above, it's obvious no one knows what you have because the replies talked about several styles of lift mechanisms: One person talks about shocks (but means gas lift struts) and another talks about stop switches and chain drive (which would be on an electric lift)
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your advice, I'm 74 and doing the ladder thing is just plane dangerous for me these days. Think I'll have to re think my plans.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
If i remember correctly those are on shocks to hold the bed up while travelling. Might be a case of putting longer shocks on and rethinking the mounting points.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
if the vertical legs don't go down close to the floor then you're going to need more than just "extensions" you'll need longer drive chains and relocate the stop switches. I'm sure you can buy the parts and convert it but it will take some work and not sure if there's backer in place below the current legs.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
you might need more details or some photos to motivate a response as there are different methods they use to have the bed drop down