Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Showing Off Our Travels
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Showing Off Our Travels

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
themoons

Salt Lake City

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This might be an odd question, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to display stickers on their RV in a non-permanent way. We have collected stickers from our travels and I hate to put them on our RV for fear of ruining the RV and also because if I ever traded in the RV for another model I'd want to be able to take the stickers with me.

I was thinking of seeing if I can get a big clear static cling sticker to put on the RV and then put all my stickers on that, which could then be transferred to another RV. I also thought about doing the same with a big flat thin magnet, but magnets don't stick to fiberglass.

Does anyone have any other solutions or ideas they have had?

Thanks!

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 04:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stick them in the edge of the windows; we can take pictures when we sell the unit. If you wanted it portable, you could add a piece of plexiglass in the window and stick them there.

PartyOf5: Us 2 & 3 pre-teens trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator. 5 yrs, 50k

May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have not yet done it, but have started downloading photo's of places we have been, as well as maps onto a sd card, which we intend to place in a digital photo frame, mounted in the rear window of our trailer, set to scroll through all the pictures. You could do something like that as well.

RICK-ards Red

Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use a piece of Plexiglas and Velcro it to our trailer door, we add the stickers and travel place map and it came with us when we traded in our last trailer.

2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition

Bears Den

Estero, Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I place them on a cooler we always take camping. I haven’t run out of room yet but one day I will.

2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put my "states traveled" map on a piece of white foam board and display that in the window of the TT when we camp. We get many comments on our travels.
My map displayed on here is what is in the window.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

southernsky

Ponchatoula La.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/20 05:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We put ours on the inside of storage compartment door on our 5th wheel, it's huge.The door is under the awning and is usually open when camping. Gets lots of view when friends, new and old, come visit. When we get ready to sell we use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the glue up and stickers come off.

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW Crew Cab 6.7 H.O. CTD 4X4
2016 Grand Design Solitude 369RL 5th Airborne

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our 1st TT, we placed stickers on a storage door on the outside. When we were selling it, I took off the door, bought a new one and installed, and that stickered door resides in my garage.

ON our next TT, we began collecting simple post cards and displaying them all over the inside...every nook and cranny that could hold a card (think the small gaps between wall trim, the fridge, etc.). When we sold that TT, we have those cards in a cigar box.

On our Class C today, we are doing the same...post cards. But, I have stickers too (though I just put them up for some reason and don't use them), and fridge magnets. I put a few thin metal bars, bought from Menards, in the C that the magnets stick to.

I think there are many methods...everyone has their own take on it.

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 with Roadmaster Hitch Mounted Spare Tire holder, Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling

LindaAnn

Columbus MS

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/20 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mleekamp wrote:

On our 1st TT, we placed stickers on a storage door on the outside. When we were selling it, I took off the door, bought a new one and installed, and that stickered door resides in my garage.

ON our next TT, we began collecting simple post cards and displaying them all over the inside...every nook and cranny that could hold a card (think the small gaps between wall trim, the fridge, etc.). When we sold that TT, we have those cards in a cigar box.

On our Class C today, we are doing the same...post cards. But, I have stickers too (though I just put them up for some reason and don't use them), and fridge magnets. I put a few thin metal bars, bought from Menards, in the C that the magnets stick to.

I think there are many methods...everyone has their own take on it.

I like the idea about the Postcards. I think I'll try that! Thanks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Showing Off Our Travels
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.