Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Any problems with Goodyear Endurance tires?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Any problems with Goodyear Endurance tires?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 01:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

trail-explorer wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

After sales of a sufficient number of these tires, you’ll hear the howling.

At quantity is it "sufficient" for people to star howling?

These have been on the market a few years now. (2 or 3 I think).

Northwood and ORV are using them as OEM tires.

It took Maxxis ST tire 3-5 years before issues started showing up around the rv and non rv trailering industry.
Using them for a couple of years or one long trip doesn't tell us much.
This is true.

The people here tend to chase after the latest new tire. Those of us that have been arouna long time and paid attention have seen this movie many times. Each time the Marathon changed its country of manfacture, everyone rushed out to get it. Whenever Carlise made a change to its tire, the same thing. Maxxis was the last one.... Until the Endurance.

It seems that the ST crowd HAS recognized that there is an issue with ST tires (privately) or they would not keep chasing the latest one on the market.
Maybe this is finally the one..... Maybe not.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

camperforlife

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/20 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I lost one. Seems like road debris will puncture the darn things.[emoticon]

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/20 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From my perspective, Maxxis Tires were good at first. It was my third set before they started having issues.

The same could happen to the GY's but they've been out for about 4 years and so far, so good. I hope my next set is as good.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/20 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Endurance came out 3 years ago.
From Goodyear website; (paste and copy)

*** New Endurance features Durawall Technology
AKRON, Ohio, January 30, 2017 – For years, hobbyists who tow boats, jet skis and snowmobiles to recreational destinations have asked for an American-manufactured trailer tire to help carry their cargo with confidence.***

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/20 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL

trail-explorer

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/20 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Griz14 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It looks like the Goodyear Endurance is performing well so far. So I going to put them on the my travel trailer.

Be sure the tire shop balances them.

Bob

babock

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/20 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

From my perspective, Maxxis Tires were good at first. It was my third set before they started having issues.

The same could happen to the GY's but they've been out for about 4 years and so far, so good. I hope my next set is as good.
I have had 3 sets of Maxxis. No problems at all. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/20 01:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trail-explorer wrote:

Griz14 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It looks like the Goodyear Endurance is performing well so far. So I going to put them on the my travel trailer.

If you balance them.... Be sure you have them use a lug plate. Otherwise it is a waste of time and money.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/20 02:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

trail-explorer wrote:

Griz14 wrote:

If you balance them.... Be sure you have them use a lug plate. Otherwise it is a waste of time and money.

Lug plate or not IMO balancing trailer tires is a waste of $$$ in general. [emoticon] However, it's your $$$ so do with it what you want [emoticon]

Unless you use shims in the wheel hub pilot to center the wheel on the axle before tightening the lug nuts, you will never center that wheel on the axle with any consistency. The first two or three lug nuts you mate to the conical wheel seats will shift that wheel off axis if you don't use shims which is a HUGH and TEDIOUS procedure and having balancing wts already on the wheel can potentially make the wheel even more UNBALANCED on the axle than if the wheel had not been balanced on a machine using a lug plate.

Larry

* This post was edited 03/03/20 03:01am by LarryJM *

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/20 03:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LarryJM wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

trail-explorer wrote:

Griz14 wrote:

Lug plate or not IMO balancing trailer tires is a waste of $$$ in general. [emoticon] However, it's your $$$ so do with it what you want [emoticon]

Unless you use shims in the wheel hub pilot to center the wheel on the axle before tightening the lug nuts, you will never center that wheel on the axle with any consistency. The first two or three lug nuts you mate to the conical wheel seats will shift that wheel off axis if you don't use shims which is a HUGH and TEDIOUS procedure and having balancing wts already on the wheel can potentially make the wheel even more UNBALANCED on the axle than if the wheel had not been balanced on a machine using a lug plate.

Larry

That is not the problem.
The problem is that the so called pilot center hole is not necessairily perfectley centered on most trailer wheels. They are just stamped out. They are not meant to be centered on the hub by the pilot hole. They are called Lug centric, for a reason. The lugs center them. Now a lot of autos use hub centric rims. Those can be balanced using the center hole when balancing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Any problems with Goodyear Endurance tires?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.