cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Puck System

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
We recently bought a 2017 F350 Lariat CC DRW 6.7 LB 4X4 and now we need to put a hitch in it. How do I tell for sure whether or not this truck has the PUCK system for the hitch mount? It does have the four small pockets in the bed. But someone told us that the main part of the puck system is under the bed. Can anyone explain what we need to look for to tell for sure whether we have it or not?
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream
5 REPLIES 5

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone. Yes,
our new truck has the puck system. We are good to go.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since you sent me a PM on the subject and now are asking some of the same questions I will just post my reply to you as it's no secret.

That's great! You do have the puck system. You also have a LongBed, that's great also!

There are two B&W hitches for your puck system, BWRVK3300 is 20k rated @ $1,044 and the BWRVK3305 is 25k rated @ $1,262 at Trailer.com.

So it depends on the LOADED weight of your RV what one to buy. Personally I would go with the 25k as it will cover any 5er you can haul with your truck.

"ford truck guy" that posts on here recently ordered a 2020 F350 LB SRW and also ordered a 20k B&W since his RV won't weigh over that much.

Since you don't need a slider there is no reason to discuss PulRite.

B&W is the most simple hitch to hitch and is a no question if you are hitched setup. The 1" thick machined jaws hold the kingpin tight with ZERO rattling about like many other hitches.

The pivot points on the head are right at the same elevation as the kingpin connection so you will not have chucking associated with the hitch like Curt Customers have reported.

B&W is simply the best non air ride hitch on the market! One good reason is they are easy to hitch and unhitch when the truck and RV are on different planes. Curt for example can be VERY frustrating to use in those conditions.

I have owned other brands but B&W puts them all to shame!

Another bonus IMHO is the fact B&W hitches and products are all Made in USA.

Any other questions I can answer let me know!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Pull one of the plastic plugs and you should see a rectangular slot in a steel bracket. Its sort of like a skeleton key hole. The corresponding rotating “pins” which are on the four corner arms of the picture frame drop in those holes and rotate 90 degrees so that they cant lift out of the hole. If it has the plastic caps id think it has to have the keyhole brackets. My plastic caps are rectangular on the underside and shove down into the keyhole If you look under the bed you should see the brackets in the area of the plugs in the bed.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
It should have four pockets arranged in a rectangle, with a larger hole in the center (for a gooseneck). They may have plastic covers over them. These will be more or less centered over the rear axle. You should have a 7 way plug in the side of the bed near the tail gate for the fiver cable to connect to.

I can't think of reason to have those holes unless you are set up for the puck system.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
Simple. You will see 5 holes with plastic covers. The 4 corner holes are used for mounting a fifth wheel hitch. The center hole is for a goose neck ball. If you don't have the holes you don't have the puck system. If you do the bracings are all underneath the bed. All you will see in the bed is the holes.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR