cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump problem Winnebago Sunova

bfacklam
Explorer
Explorer
Last night when we got home we used the water pump a few times and everything worked well. Then suddenly the pump would not work. We have checked all the breakers and turned the pump off and on many times and no success. It does not work with either electricity or battery. Does any one know if there is any reset button or specialized fuse for this pump. It is in a 2016 Winnebago Sunova 33c. I am open to any ideas. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
markchengr wrote:
If the wires connect to your pump with those push onto a blade type connectors there may be a bad connection at that point due to corrosion. Try sliding the connector off and then back onto the blade several times also wet it with contact cleaner if available. I have had that problem and if that's what it is then it's an easy fix.

That's a very good point.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
When I had similar issue I just hooked the water pump directly to a 12 volt battery - pump worked. Problem turned out to be a defective Intellitec monoplex water pump controller (controller that allows more than one switch to control pump).
Kevin

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
If the wires connect to your pump with those push onto a blade type connectors there may be a bad connection at that point due to corrosion. Try sliding the connector off and then back onto the blade several times also wet it with contact cleaner if available. I have had that problem and if that's what it is then it's an easy fix.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
You can check the pump itself by using jumper wires and a 12v battery.
x2. Start there, work your way back.

As said, no breakers are involved.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
As others mentioned, if no fuse blown, next step is to see if you have 12 volts at the pump. Simple meter or test light is all you need.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can check the pump itself by using jumper wires and a 12v battery.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check your 12 volt DC power distribution panel for blown fuse. Normally loacated adjacent to 120 volt circuit breakers behind small metal plate.
Your rig could also have a pump controller. It is hidden in many rigs near the converter and power center.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
It will never work on AC power. It is 12 volts. Look close the the pump for an in line fuse. Is the pump switch turned on??
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Well you are gonna have to prove whether or not there is power going to the pump. For that, you need a meter and access to the pump......and you can look for a breaker on the pump while there.

If it IS getting power, then the pump has failed.....or the pressure switch which is also part of the pump.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"