Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: coronavirus...put it into perspective
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> coronavirus...put it into perspective

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

babock wrote:

They should have a chart, based on time, how many people are still in denial! What I am reading in this thread is pretty remarkable.
That some people actually are thinking through this problem rather than be driven by FUD? It is pretty remarkable, and also remarkable that so many people have let themselves be driven to panic by the same FUD.

It's pretty remarkable that so many people think that people who refuse to panic and overreact are in denial. Go figure. Because I haven't gone out and bought 14 cases of toilet paper, don't wear a mask, gloves, and a hazmat suit out in public, I'm in denial. FUD driven people seem to rule.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Ignore 90% of what you hear and you may actually be able to filter out a little truth.
Which 90%? The parts you don't like? Where's truth for you? Nobody here is in a panic - but you seem pretty upset.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 03:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

babock wrote:

They should have a chart, based on time, how many people are still in denial! What I am reading in this thread is pretty remarkable.
Sobering, isn't it?

My home borders a small city park . You don’t know the half of it . I see it daily from my patio window , and I can guarantee there is no social distancing going on with many , and I only see a small sampling .

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Ignore 90% of what you hear and you may actually be able to filter out a little truth.
Which 90%? The parts you don't like? Where's truth for you?
Hey man, you do what you feel you need to do. Just remember the media thrives on FUD. I'm done.

babock

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Which 90%? The parts you don't like? Where's truth for you? Nobody here is in a panic - but you seem pretty upset.
Kinda reminds me of the flat earthers.

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the individual that made the monumentally stupid statement the it's the red states that are calling hoax, (yes, I paraphrased - get over it), you are as previously stated in the sentence, monumentally stupid and are trying to spread that ignorant opinion.

People who are "red" tend, (learn to recognize and understand that word), to be more likely to think ahead and make preparations for "inconveniences". Those who are "blue" tend, (there it is again), to believe that the government - a group of idiots who think they know better than we do how to manage our lives - will protect them.

The "blues" think that much of what is disseminated by the mainstream media - which tends, (you should be getting it by now), to be "blue" - is true while the "reds" look at them as utterly biased and determined to foster fear and panic...

It's been very interesting of late... The people I live and work around that are "blue" are predominantly looking for the government to give them stuff while the "reds" are hunkered down confident in their ability to move through the issue alone.

The beautiful thing coming out of this will never be mentioned by the media nor the "blues"... It's a Second Amendment issue that must frighten the poop out of the blues and the media...

The argument for years from the two has been that you don't need a firearm because "Government will protect you"... How many "blue" politicians have told us we don't need a firearm we just need to call 911 and wait for the police?

Now look... Along comes Covid 19 and the government's first statement was "you need to look after yourself"...

Now, there will be those that will argue that the two aren't comparable but they will ignore the fact that the government will claim to be wonderful when they are doing what they think is right but will defer to the individual when they can't manage to problem themselves... Funny that...

The simple fact is that those people with half a brain and a reasonable immune system and lungs will breeze through this... Yes, there are people that are hugely at risk and I feel bad for them - they need to be smart and to have prepared for things that might threaten their lives - I just don't feel confident that a large proportion will have done so.

No-one on the "red" side is calling it a hoax... They are calling the reporting by the media as, very much, inaccurate and sensational with the intent to cause fear. There reason for doing so is obvious and I don't need to state it here.

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A proper calculation of mortality rate is: total dead divided by total population.
That's one way. Another is to compare the dead to those infected, and that's where the numbers go way up.

That's why we're so concerned about its spread.
The number of dead vs those infected mean nothing unless you also know how many will be infected. By your version, if 2 people out of 30 million got infected and both died, you would have a 100% fatality rate; a totally useless statistic.

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Best I can remember, your "RED" leader started the HOAX .

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

babock wrote:

The other side of the coin is that you're just gullible to media bloviating, while the rest of us are more pragmatic.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 04:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troubledwaters wrote:

The number of dead vs those infected mean nothing unless you also know how many will be infected. By your version, if 2 people out of 30 million got infected and both died, you would have a 100% fatality rate; a totally useless statistic.
Until you realize infections are doubling every month.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> coronavirus...put it into perspective
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.