cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto Levelers

DHall52
Explorer
Explorer
Newbie question. We were doing spring cleaning getting ready for summer use. When I used auto leveling only 3 levelers extended. If I did it manually all four would extend. My question is if the unit is level should all levelers extend or is it ok if only three extend. My wife and I disagree she thinks only the three needed will extend and I feel all four should extend. Who is correct?
10 REPLIES 10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
DHall52 wrote:
Our motorhome is a 2016 Tiffin 32 SA with an HWH automatic hydraulic leveling system

IF, after trying to Auto level, the same jack refuses to extend at all, but WILL extend in manual mode, it would not be a pressure switch. The Pressure Switch only becomes involved once a Jack Touches the ground and
starts to raise the RV. When you manually extend that jack, does the RED led downlight come on? Also, YES, all 4 jacks should be on the ground when in Auto level on a HWH system, before the system shuts down.
For fun, here is the Service manual for your system. Are you waiting until the touch pad turns OFF after Auto leveling. Do all 4 red LED down lights come on? When all 4 jacks are extended? In Auto level just 3 red LED lights come on? Doug
https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml48380.pdf

DHall52
Explorer
Explorer
Our motorhome is a 2016 Tiffin 32 SA with an HWH automatic hydraulic leveling system

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Yes all 4 should deploy when using auto level. Since the fourth jack WILL go down in manual mode it might be a bad pressure switch at the fourth jack. Very easy to check. Also, welcome to the forum & please do add a signature so everyone can see what you have for more accurate help info.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
You must use all 4. If not you could bend your frame. You need proper support. It is like you standing on one leg for a long time. Not so steady...

Bruce_Brown
Let me guess; Atwood electric jacks?

Just wondering, and yes, it would be helpful if you could tell us your make, model, and what jacks you have.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kinda depends. Monaco only uses three. Regardless, all jacks should deploy when you press, level. So, if your coach has four, then all four should deploy when you level. Providing info on your coach, make model year etc AND any info on your jacks mfg including model if you have it, will greatly enhance any of the answers you may receive.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“My wife and I disagree she thinks only the three needed will extend...”

Even the basic manual that came with your MH should have discussed frame twist that might happen with only three jacks deploying.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, of course all the levelers should go down. Did the 3 that went down raise the RV any? There's a risk of twisting the frame of they lifted it very much.

If you'd include some details on your RV and brand of levelers, you might get a detailed answer helping you understand where the problem might be.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
all 4 will deploy. the jacks are used to stabilize the RV in addition to leveling it. there may be a way to re-sync your system. check your owner's manual or contact the mfg.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

fishingbob61
Explorer
Explorer
All 4 should go down.
Bob and Sue
51 years camping
2005 Fleetwood Bounder DP
2004 Chevy. Tahoe