Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mountain west NF campgrounds

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
In the mountain west area National Forests:

CO: Most seem to be opening at the end of May or early June. San Juan (SW corner of the state) says 'may open '

WY: The same some don't open that early because of snow but generally seem to be open by June

MT: Seem to be open weather permitting

ID: Seem to be open weather permitting

So NF camping and dispersed camping seem to be a go for summer. This is NOT set in concrete tho and I only could spot check campsites. I assume Utah will be the same and the Dakotas since those states never shut down
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
2 REPLIES 2

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
TUCQUALA wrote:
Posted over on the "other" site also!!

Best move at this time is to go to the forest web site of the one or ones you are interested. They will have info and usually a pdf which shows open campgrounds and recreation sites at the time. For example:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd737154.pdf

Certainly you should check. And yes I posted it on 'the other site' because I think this is info of general note and that a lot of folks aren't on both. Or actually all three you missed one...heh. If you google 'national forest name' camping; you will see a 'camping and cabins' site for every NF I looked at and that will have a list of camp grounds. Click on a name and you'll find if they are open or not.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Posted over on the "other" site also!!

Best move at this time is to go to the forest web site of the one or ones you are interested. They will have info and usually a pdf which shows open campgrounds and recreation sites at the time. For example:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...eprd737154.pdf
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles