cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cades Cove

NC_Paramedic
Explorer
Explorer
Need a route from Shelby NC to Cades Cove, wanting to bypass gatlingburg and pigeon forge, did know of a way off I40, getting on Strawberry something, anyone familiar.
TIA
Andy
7 REPLIES 7

NC_Paramedic
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the correction, ken!

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
The exit you are thinking of is probably Strawberry Plains. its x395 iirc.

imo, best access to CC is thru Townsend. Big Meadow CG if you are camping is like 5 miles from CC.

Exit 398 is Strawberry Plains Pike and it is a good bypass to get around K'ville traffic. You need to turn left onto 168 and it will connect to 129 south of K'ville. Don't miss the turn onto 168 or you will end up in downtown K'ville.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
The exit you are thinking of is probably Strawberry Plains. its x395 iirc.

imo, best access to CC is thru Townsend. Big Meadow CG if you are camping is like 5 miles from CC.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
The only other way into Cades Cove without going through Pigeon Forge is through Maryville and then east on 321 to Townsend and straight through into the park. Go through K'ville to 129 (airport highway) its all good road though time of day determines how congested it is with traffic...but it's always busy.

DHamm20
Explorer
Explorer
Maryville is out of the way but we avoided the traffic of Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
My second wife had lived in Marysville it was only twice we went but she directed me through what she called the backdoor into the park. Just Google maps Cades Cove then directions from Marysville. Piece of cake.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu