Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Putting camper on gravel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Putting camper on gravel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/21 01:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OMG!! just was going to throw out the critter warning..ants are hard to get rid of if you park it on gravel. Spray all around your tires and jacks with ant killer... they will invade your RV within a day. It is a fact that if they get inside they will build nests and you got a huge problem. I let mine sit with a series of bait traps..It was hard to see them work but I knew the poison was going back to the farm Sure enough...within 3 days...nothing. every critter is going to find a way....even us. So if your parking or storing for awhile...be prepared. Nature will find you and will take full advantage of you not knowing what to do ....trust me.

JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/21 03:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd put some 12x12 or 14x14 1" or 3/4 " marine plywood squares under the jack feet to give them an even weight distribution point and something they can walk a little on during load/unload (they will walk a tiny bit), but as long as the gravel us thick enough pack and packed down cryshed minus, you shp6ukd golden.

You'll want something similar for the saw horses.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Putting camper on gravel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.