Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Had Americas Tires install new tires BIG PROBLEM
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Had Americas Tires install new tires BIG PROBLEM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/20 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get it repaired then bring the receipt to the manager and get paid either in cash or a credit for future tires. Hopefully you have the kid's name and statement. Either way, I think the manager should give you credit for future purchase. If he doesn't then go to the general manager and higher. I wouldn't let it rest.

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bet tire shops are having a hard time getting decent motivated employees these days. Was with my friend to pick up her truck. They damaged the wheels on the machine. I was polite but remember saying "we need some type of monetary compensation". Will have to ask but i think they gave her like $800 right there. Was a larger amount than i expected. Not sure if anything was filed.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It kinda stinks that it happened.
It stinks more that the AT manager is a doosh.
But like others said, it appears you’re talking about the gray tank drain hanging under the camper.
Should be an easy fix. If it’s after the valve, it’s not even totally necessary to fix if you have some grasssy area to drain the gray water if you can’t hook the hose to it.
If it’s gray/black combo , disregard that last statement.
Otherwise hacksaw off what’s broke, take it to the hardware store and get new parts for probably less than $10.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 04:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

But depends why it’s a big problem. Is it busted back up into the trailer or busted off the tank? Or are you just not familiar with repairing pvc/CPvc pipe?

samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks every one for your replys. I found a local Lic Plumber who said over the phone "I don't work on RVs" I asked if he would at least look at it. He looked at it and fixed it for $270.oo I think he jacked the price up when I said I was going to take it to Court
I called all the RV Repair places within 100 miles and none hardly had time to talk to me. One place said he would fix for $300 but I had to bring the TT to him. But it would be 6 weeks before he could do the job.
Lo and behold the Claims guy from Americas Tire called this afternoon and said send the invoice for the repair and he would send me a check
Maybe all is good after all. I am in my 80s and I cannot climb around under RVs like I used to. I was going to repair the problem myself. Glad I did not have to as it is 103 here today

samsontdog">">

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Although it is likely a simple repair none of us internet RV guru's really know the extent of the damage

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

samsontdog wrote:

Thanks every one for your replys. I found a local Lic Plumber who said over the phone "I don't work on RVs" I asked if he would at least look at it. He looked at it and fixed it for $270.oo I think he jacked the price up when I said I was going to take it to Court
I called all the RV Repair places within 100 miles and none hardly had time to talk to me. One place said he would fix for $300 but I had to bring the TT to him. But it would be 6 weeks before he could do the job.
Lo and behold the Claims guy from Americas Tire called this afternoon and said send the invoice for the repair and he would send me a check
Maybe all is good after all. I am in my 80s and I cannot climb around under RVs like I used to. I was going to repair the problem myself. Glad I did not have to as it is 103 here today

Glad it all worked out in the end.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

Although it is likely a simple repair none of us internet RV guru's really know the extent of the damage

Yeah, pretty much a bunch of WAGs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Had Americas Tires install new tires BIG PROBLEM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.