cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need new Tires

DogTrainer
Explorer
Explorer
I blew a tire yesterday coming home from Branson. They were 5 years old and came on the camper when we bought it. Trailer King ST225-R15. THey look so new and great tread but I always assume cheap tires on the campers when you buy them and 3 to 5 years is shelf life.

what do we switch to?

LT Tires and American Made?
2007 Chevy 2500HD 6L Auto 4WD
2015 Keystone Outback 5th Wheel
Wife and 2 great kids, Son-Army 45th
Yellow Lab
65 REPLIES 65

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, you guys managed to get another one closed.:R
When are you going to learn to just move on?:R:R
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
So... no links can be found on google dispelling claims of zero issues from either points pro or con.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
CapriRacer wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
CapriRacer wrote:
At this point, it appears we have a "Yes, there are.... No, there aren't!" type of argument. Since one can't post a link to something that doesn't exist, then we need a links to posts where they are said to exist.

I did a quick google search. but didn't find any posts, but maybe I am using key words that don't bring them up.

As someone who is interested from a technical point of view, I am asking for help. Please!! Post some links.

As said in my previous post I googled the Endurance ,and there was some reading to be had . Reports of lost tread , bubbles in the tread etc, and a few pictures . I googled Goodyear Endurance tire failures , and just telling what I read . If you want to read it google it same as I did, as was suggested by another on this thread, they apparently found the same reading I did. It was not difficult .

They probably felt the same way I do about links, if you really want to know ,go looking, google it . Some have made claims that there are only road hazard problems with the Endurance, the links I read suggest otherwise ,seems to be a few defective tires. All I can say is read it ,and come to your own conclusion, you are the tire expert . Maybe you can give some light on these reports on the Endurance .

If I remember correctly you gave a glowing report on Endurance awhile back , correct me if I am wrong .

So I googled "Endurance" and no tire related stuff in the first 10 pages.

I then googled "Goodyear Endurance", and 10 pages later, still didn't find any reported failures.

So - again - links please.

"Goodyear Endurance Tire Failures"

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II
cummins2014 wrote:
CapriRacer wrote:
At this point, it appears we have a "Yes, there are.... No, there aren't!" type of argument. Since one can't post a link to something that doesn't exist, then we need a links to posts where they are said to exist.

I did a quick google search. but didn't find any posts, but maybe I am using key words that don't bring them up.

As someone who is interested from a technical point of view, I am asking for help. Please!! Post some links.

As said in my previous post I googled the Endurance ,and there was some reading to be had . Reports of lost tread , bubbles in the tread etc, and a few pictures . I googled Goodyear Endurance tire failures , and just telling what I read . If you want to read it google it same as I did, as was suggested by another on this thread, they apparently found the same reading I did. It was not difficult .

They probably felt the same way I do about links, if you really want to know ,go looking, google it . Some have made claims that there are only road hazard problems with the Endurance, the links I read suggest otherwise ,seems to be a few defective tires. All I can say is read it ,and come to your own conclusion, you are the tire expert . Maybe you can give some light on these reports on the Endurance .

If I remember correctly you gave a glowing report on Endurance awhile back , correct me if I am wrong .

So I googled "Endurance" and no tire related stuff in the first 10 pages.

I then googled "Goodyear Endurance", and 10 pages later, still didn't find any reported failures.

So - again - links please.

CapriRacer

Visit my web site: www.BarrysTireTech.com

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
CapriRacer wrote:

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II

CapriRacer

Visit my web site: www.BarrysTireTech.com

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
One person makes a claim about their brand tires with no proof of that claim. ...but wants other folks to back up their claims.
'course we could make claims like that about any product. Mine was always the best....till I googled it
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
johndeerefarmer wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Plain and simple. GY ENDURANCE has ZERO reported failures being on the market for over 3 years now.

Simply choose your size and load range n get er dun. One you have done so maintain proper tire pressure and don't look back!

OH yea if YA care they are US Made!

I suggest you take a quick look with Google. There are several failures listed

Some interesting reading. A lot of tread separations , some damage ,several with bubbles in the tread . Hard to say whether defects or road hazard , but the Endurance seems to be getting plenty of press . As been said before the ratings on their Eโ€™โ€™s are pretty liberal , I suspect they are not up to their weight ratings . Iโ€™m sure on lighter applications they will perform okay , heavier fifth wheels , there are much better choices .

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Michelle.S wrote:
Tire was sent to GY and received a check for a replacement.

Thanks. It would be nice to give details when mentioning an issue.

Would be nice to know the date code.

What also would be nice if we knew why another Goodyear tire blew ,and what damage if any it did to another fifth wheel.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Michelle.S wrote:

Thanks. It would be nice to give details when mentioning an issue.

Would be nice to know the date code.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:

Was it determined it was another faulty Goodyear tire ? Goodyear usually will not reimburse road hazard failures. Did you replace them with another set of Goodyears .

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Michelle.S wrote:
Not arguing that, the post was talking about Endurance which doesn't come in 17.5" size.
Yes I was running GY G114s until one exploded, approx 4 1/2 years old. Plan was to replace prior to the 5 year mark, but didn't make it.

What date code? Did you have GY determine cause?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD