Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: update from maiden voyage 2020
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> update from maiden voyage 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

finally able to get our very delayed season going. camper is coming home from storage (work) with me tomorrow to flush the pink stuff, dress the beds, fill the cupboards and what not. setting out for our first weekender of the year this weekend and I'm excited. The kids are champing at the bit. Hopefully the weather doesn't get testy, currently showing clear but hotter than Hades

* This post was edited 07/13/20 06:46am by Jebby14 *

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Wishbone51

End of the Oregon Trail

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck! First trip of the season always seems to be more stressful than usual.

2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

ZINGERLITE

Union Lake, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we used it once in the driveway already. our first outing isn't until labor day. Hopefully i can get a bunch of fall camping in. I also hope the camp grounds are empty in the fall!

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ you and me both friend. opted to put it back in storage shortly after it came out end of march. out of the driveway means the boat could live at home. Normally the camper lives at home so it can stay plugged in. I'm only allowed one at home to not upset the house nazis

ZINGERLITE

Union Lake, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jebby14 wrote:

^ you and me both friend. opted to put it back in storage shortly after it came out end of march. out of the driveway means the boat could live at home. Normally the camper lives at home so it can stay plugged in. I'm only allowed one at home to not upset the house nazis

Great summer to own a boat! i put an interior in mine this spring. it was quite the project but had the time!

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had 2 trips cancelled on us. So, instead of Colorado and South Dakota, we are now doing a state park a few hours from us...one we don't get to (actually has been years since we been) often.

I love to tally the nites in the camper, and if we can hit 30 a year, I like to think we spent a month in it....this year we will be lucky to hit 10. Note I do count driveway camping...because we did 1 nite this year in the drive way...and my daughter has "camped" in the driveway 3 nites this year...wi-fi, fridge, and all. Fun times.

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 with Roadmaster Hitch Mounted Spare Tire holder, Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 04:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

have the house battery with me, shes coming home after work to get the pink stuff out and the fridge cooling.

as for the boat, always had a little fishing boat, this lockdown got the wife to sign up to something more family friendly. now i have a 1992 chaparral 2020 sl. nice boat been tinkering. lots of work, even more than the camper at this point but ill get there. we have used it a ton.

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 04:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FINALLY got out, got a lot of heat and rain but it was a success. The kids had a blast, lots of food and beverages and a fairly nice local site to boot....... hows everyone doing this season so far?

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/20 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/20 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you had a successful outing.
We have our 4th trip of the year coming up at Huntington Beach State Park in SC for a week.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> update from maiden voyage 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.