cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery life 2020 Jayco Precept 34g

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
What would one expect 2-6 volt batteries (225ah) wired for 12v to last with a 21 cup ft residential frige.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Central Florida (East Coast)
15 REPLIES 15

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
In my survey I listed everything I could and included all rv mounted items including awnings and recliners.ect..all by walking from front to rear for 12v items then checked all known 12v items including ac./ inverter ect.. Then I guess on daily use for every item even though items are not all used every day or even week and totaled about 19,000w.

So I just installed a victron bmv712 to test next weekend how it goes.(in the driveway without ac.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
In my survey I listed everything I could and included all rv mounted items including awnings and recliners.ect..all by walking from front to rear for 12v items then checked all known 12v items including ac./ inverter ect.. Then I guess on daily use for every item even though items are not all used every day or even week and totaled about 19,000w.

So I just installed a victron bmv712 to test next weekend how it goes.(in the driveway without ac.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jay58 wrote:
What would one expect 2-6 volt batteries (225ah) wired for 12v to last with a 21 cup ft residential fridge.
No other significant use I would expect 24 to 48 hours before the inverter shut down from low voltage.

Solar will of course extend that time expectation. You will need more than 500 watts and at least 4 batteries to attempt continuous use. Lithium will make your solar more effective as it does not have the long absorption time of slow charging like lead-acid.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Remember, verify IF your Converter or Inverter/Charger is capable of correctly charging Lithium batteries. You cannot just plunk in Lithium's and expect your system to be compatible. Doug

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The correct path starts with an energy use survey to determine your AH need. If youโ€™ve done the survey, what is your expected average daily AH total use?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Jay58 wrote:
As we speak. On monday I will order the panels (2-24v) and batteries (2) and 24 to 12 for the 12v on the rv. Later my plan is to add batteries and panels as I can

What are you using for a charge controller ?

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
I've done a lot of reading over the last 8 months and hope to be going down the correct path.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Not to be confusing. My end goal in 2 years, when I retire, I am planning on 2k in lithium and 1400 watts solar.1200w (24v) rigid and 200 flex. Will use tiltable mounts for rigid.

Just bought the motorhome and dont have funds to do all at once.

As we speak. On monday I will order the panels (2-24v) and batteries (2) and 24 to 12 for the 12v on the rv. Later my plan is to add batteries and panels as I can
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Jay58 wrote:
Well I figure I'll start with 2 battleborn lithium (200 ah and 2 24v 200w panels and x fingers. I can always build from there.

I just hate throwing out 2 6v agms.

You did not mention in your original post that you had solar panels ! Unless you are parked in the shade or have very cloudy weather, a pair of 6V AGMS should work fine !

Personally, I would not buy the lithium batteries. I would get 2 more matching 6V AGMs.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Jay58 wrote:
What would one expect 2-6 volt batteries (225ah) wired for 12v to last with a 21 cu ft residential frige.

It really depends on the outside temperature AND how many times you open and close the door ! I you never open the door, 24 hours should be no problem :R

Residential refrigerators work best with pure sine wave inverters.

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
I Wonder if the agms could service the 12v and dedicate the 2 lithium to the frige and tv.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
With an adequate solar system, batteries, panels and controller, could be unlimited. Dry camping with an electric fridge can be done but may not have been the best choice for you. I recommend you not throw anything at this problem. Get a plan based on calculations so it works. No you canโ€™t build from there unless the wiring and controller are adequate.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Well I figure I'll start with 2 battleborn lithium (200 ah and 2 24v 200w panels and x fingers. I can always build from there.

I just hate throwing out 2 6v agms.
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You will have to do a multiday test. There is NO standard or rule. The ONLY rule the OEM's will state is, 24 hours. After that they do not gurantee anything. Funny thing is, on Jayco towables, they state to use 27 series 12 volt batteries. Whether 1-2-4 or 6. 6 on the large 5th wheels with residential. Your Jayco is not designed for boondocking more than 24 hours. Doug