Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Coverings

oldnertenacious
Explorer
Explorer
We have ordered a 2021 Coachmen Leprechaun 31’ 311FS Premier

Does anyone know the material of construction for the Interior Walls on a 2021 Coachman;Leprechaun 31’ 311FS.. I would like to paint and put up some wall paper. I’m not sure how to prep the walls for painting and wall paper.
I appreciate your replies.
Missie Oldner
5 REPLIES 5

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobndot wrote:
possibly be denied

🙂

I was thinking of a wall issue that I once had that turned out to be a multi thousand dollar cabover repair.
It was once suggested to me by a friend who was actually the service manager at one of the facilities sub plants, not a dealership, a mfg sub-plant. He was the one that made that suggestion. I just figured, its probably good advice in any case. Was just passing it on 😉

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
bobndot wrote:
If it matters to you ,
if you don't want to be possibly be denied a warranty claim, I would wait till the warranty is over before you start making alterations to anything . Give yourself some time to make sure this particular rv is a sound build.

Not trying to be a smart butt, but do you really think the dealer you'd just bought a coach from or an RV manufacturer for that matter would deny a warranty claim on any part of a rig because someone decided to paint or apply wallpaper over the factory stuff?
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Typical interior wall construction is 1/8" plywood with a pattern paper applied to it. Use a good primer (BIN or Zinsser) and it's easy to paint or wallpaper over the wall.

I can't imagine that a manufacturer would void a warranty because you painted the inside, but if that's a concern, I would e-mail Coachman and ask the question so you have the answer in writing.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it matters to you ,
if you don't want to be possibly be denied a warranty claim, I would wait till the warranty is over before you start making alterations to anything . Give yourself some time to make sure this particular rv is a sound build.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure of that specific RV but if you do a Google search you will find recommendations for use of a primer prior to either covering.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)