cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blue Ox or Road Master

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
So just getting started with our new (to us) 2018 Tiffin 33aa. We are preparing to go full time and will be pulling 2018 Grand Cherokee as toad. Got price for Blue Ox set up w/Air Force one braking set up and Road Master Falcon and Invisibrake set up. They were close in price, with the Road Master about $700 cheaper than the $5,200 for the Blue Ox. Different shops as well. The Road Master was quoted by CW. I consider this to be important enough that the price isn't my first consideration.

So which is better? From what I pick up on the forum, both seem to be well thought of.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
4 REPLIES 4

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
And... AVOID CW! Find someone else to do the work - Rarely does CW do what they say they will do for the price in the timeframe quoted. Roadmaster quality products are produced in Vancouver Washington, but don't let CW take their inflated cut.

If you can, do the majority of the work yourself. Most of it is simple, some is a bit more involved. Save yourself some $$, or spend it elsewhere.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Anything but Blue Ox. Some of the worst loadstress engineering and welds I have ever seen in 28+ years of automotive engineering.

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also, look at the Demco Stay-in-Play braking system.

Pictures of our install, including the Stay-in-Play and the Roadmaster baseplate/tow bar setup.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Look at ReadyBrake, towbar with integrated surge brake. Simple design and works great.