cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom Slide Lubricating

gb76087
Explorer
Explorer
Does an enclosed bedroom slide mechanism(the slide portion) need to be lubricated? If yes, what kind of lubricant?
2007 Fleeteood TERRA LX 34N
F53, 362hp V10
5 REPLIES 5

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
use the silicon slide lube for the racks. I would sue moly if I could find it.
I use to by moly from the military surplus that would cure hard and impossible to rub or scrape off it seemed, if given enough time.
Also mil surplus teflon spray.Same stuff they used on pans etc. Of course using ether means cleaning the surfaces very good. The moly might be preferable.
used it on shovels and still on them after 25 years or more. Some scuffing and wear but it is or was tough stuff.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yankee Clipper wrote:
I use CRC with PFTE, and I lube it often, especially after the slide has been out in rain. I buy it on Amazon for about $9 per can, which lasts about 18 months.

This is what LCI recommends also. I use it on various slide mechanisms as it does not attract dirt and debris. If I have a GEAR motor/slide mechanism, I use White spray grease on the gears and teeth. Doug

https://www.grainger.com/product/3EEE3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1tC57_Te6wIV0sDACh2YvA84EAQYASABEgKfMvD_BwE...

https://www.amazon.com/Lubriplate-Lithium-Grease-Multi-Purpose-Lubricant/dp/B00C7YU2T6

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
I use CRC with PFTE, and I lube it often, especially after the slide has been out in rain. I buy it on Amazon for about $9 per can, which lasts about 18 months.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
I believe you spray some of that silicone stuff on that does not collect dirt.
Once/twice a year

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
If bearing yes, it just a slide on Teflon No.