cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPad

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I just wanted to say, I’m enjoying my new iPad. I bought it as a possible replacement for my laptop, which is getting up in years, although working fine. I also added a Bluetooth keyboard, making it a viable replacement. Although I’m mainly a Windows guy, I do like the iPad operating system. Took a little bit of a learning curve, but now I’m fairly proficient .

I held back on the purchase for a while because I feel Apple products are a bit too expensive. But now I’m glad I went ahead because I feel it is a quality product in comparison to a RCA android tablet I previously bought (at a fraction of the iPad’s cost).
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
13 REPLIES 13

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:
Enjoy it while it last
I had Ipad once and it slowed down like molases and no amount of UPdates would fix it,,planed OBSOLESENCE fool me once never again

https://youtu.be/MKJjLwMUPJI

Have Samsung galaxy tablet
now works perfect.
My phone is BBerry bought new for 120$ few years back,does everything I need.

Yep, I hate when greedy companies utilize planned obsolescence. If my newer iPad becomes obsolete, I’ll just return to a Microsoft product, such as a small laptop with removable screen that I can use as a tablet. I haven’t had many issues with Microsoft OS over the years, but will miss some iPad features. I refuse to be held hostage by a greedy manufacturer’s whims. :M

I recall reading years ago that when most people were using B&W TVs, color had already been perfected, and color tv’s were purposely held off the market until more B&W units were sold.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
wnjj wrote:
free radical wrote:
Enjoy it while it last
I had Ipad once and it slowed down like molases and no amount of UPdates would fix it,,planed OBSOLESENCE fool me once never again

now works perfect.

Samsung, LOL. I had an S4 phone and now an S7. The S7 is so slow it’s laughable. Calls come in and it sometimes takes so long to draw the screen that I can’t answer before it finishing ringing. You can literally watch it paint the screen for most actions. It’s the biggest turd.

We have an iPad 2 from 2011 that still works though it’s a bit slow and nearly useless for web browsing. The kids’ games still work fine. We also have a 5th generation which is about the same age as the S7 and it works like new yet.

As an engineer for a company that supplied chips for both brands, there is simply no comparison in quality demands between them.

My next phone will likely be an iPhone.
We have a total of 3 Samsung S7's and all of them are quick with no issues. Sounds like you've managed to do something to yours. We've had ours for over two years and they work just like new.

Full disclosure though, I do hate Apple products, be they phones, tablets, or MP3 players.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
RVman3252 wrote:
I agree with you, I like my Apple products too. I have the iPad, iPhone and iWatch.... they all sync together great!
There is nothing unique about this. The fact that your list is limited to Apple products is why I don't do Apple.

My wife and I use Google apps. My wife has an iPad, Pixel phone & Chromebook laptop and I have a Lenovo Win 10 laptop, Lenovo Win 10 desktop PC, a Pixel phone, a Samsung tablet, and another desktop PC at a second home with Linux Mint running on it. Our google apps run and sync on all these platforms for my wife and my respective accounts.
This covers 99% of our tech tasks and the other 1% are my non-cloud apps (graphics editor, video editor & text editor) that only run on my Win 10 PCs.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
My windows computer is 7 years old and will barely boot up. Seems slower with every upgrade. Same cycle since the 286 and DOS. Going to try an I-Mac next. I-Pad and I-Phone have been great in comparison.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
free radical wrote:
Enjoy it while it last

now works perfect.

Samsung, LOL. I had an S4 phone and now an S7. The S7 is so slow it’s laughable. Calls come in and it sometimes takes so long to draw the screen that I can’t answer before it finishing ringing. You can literally watch it paint the screen for most actions. It’s the biggest turd.

We have an iPad 2 from 2011 that still works though it’s a bit slow and nearly useless for web browsing. The kids’ games still work fine. We also have a 5th generation which is about the same age as the S7 and it works like new yet.

As an engineer for a company that supplied chips for both brands, there is simply no comparison in quality demands between them.

My next phone will likely be an iPhone.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is very resisting to change. She has been using a Kindle Fire for years. I bought her a iPad mini and set it up for her. I handed it to her and said give it a try. She won’t put it down she loves it so much. She sad wow it does the same thing my iPhone does.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy it while it last

now works perfect.

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with you, I like my Apple products too. I have the iPad, iPhone and iWatch.... they all sync together great!
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
That password thing applies to Windows and Chrome as well.

I don't like Apple for several reasons. One is the way the Wi-Fi Works when you use one as a hotspot.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

LeslieCovin1974
Explorer
Explorer
The main plus of apple products is that if you put a password, no one in life will recognize your data without your knowledge.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Apple guy too. Don’t have near the problems I’ve had with Microsoft

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I converted to IPhones and IPads from Microsoft PC’s and various other phone products years ago. They seem to work better have far fewer updates. I only use a “pc” to do my taxes the rest of the time it’s in storage.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I continue to appreciate my iPhone and iPad. They sync flawlessly.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad