Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: The Highlands
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
LindaAnn

Columbus MS

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/20 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend told me about her trip to The Highlands in NC. We have been to several areas in NC, but did not know about this. Her description sounded beautiful! Have any of you been there? If so, can you recommend an RV park?
Thanks

Bob806

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We passed through there a few years ago, nice area. We camped near Brevard, NC which was really nice, a ton of waterfalls. I'd check out Davidson River CG, it's a good one.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are headed up that way in a few weeks if you mean the area north and east of Mt Mitchell. Lots of COE cg and we are planning to stay at one to start.

* This post was edited 09/27/20 02:34pm by agesilaus *

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/20 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chilly evening this time of year. Some roads up to the Highlands can be "challenging" for an RV.

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/20 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weather report says down to 33F Friday.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

martinto

South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/20 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LindaAnn wrote:

A friend told me about her trip to The Highlands in NC. We have been to several areas in NC, but did not know about this. Her description sounded beautiful! Have any of you been there? If so, can you recommend an RV park?
Thanks

Highlands is a boutique type town, good restaurants and art shops. Great waterfalls in the area. The roads there will close around Thanksgiving. We will be camping about 40 miles east of there in a couple of weeks. This time of year many CG’s are filling up as fall colors are beginning. I got the last site at Riverbend RV Resort for mid OCT.

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/20 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anybody stayed there in July? I'm looking to escape Houston heat. I need an alternative to Colorado.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/27/20 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be just south of there at Wamsutter COE from 10/18-10/22. Plan on day tripping to places in the area. It's our first trip up into that area. We plan to be in the general area to mid November. COE parks in the area are impossible to book Fridayand Saturday tho it looks like the crowd may disperse in November.

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/20 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TxGearhead wrote:

Anybody stayed there in July? I'm looking to escape Houston heat. I need an alternative to Colorado.

Highlands is the highest altitude incorporated town east of the Rockies. I believe it's over 4000 feet. I don't know about RV parking. It's a pretty high-end kind of snooty place IMHO.

There is also Mile-High Campground near Cherokee, NC and Balsam Mountain campground in GRSM national park.

Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

LindaAnn

Columbus MS

View Profile

Posted: 09/28/20 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the responses. After reading, I realized that we have been in that area...near Brevard...in Transylvania County where all those beautiful waterfalls are located. I'll check out some of the RV parks posted.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.