Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: 6 Volt Interstate batteries
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 6 Volt Interstate batteries

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
LVJJJ

NW WASHINGTON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have look thru the Search field and have not found anywhere RV'ers rate the different brands of deep cycle 6 volt batteries.

Here in Bellingham WA, can't find anyone who carries Trojan batteries. The most available are Interstate deep cycles. Anyone had good results with these?

NAPA has their brand, how about those?

1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 11:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trojan says they have a number of dealers in Washington.

https://tools.trojanbattery.com/dealers.aspx

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have heard the quality of interstates has dripped off. Not the same quality it was a couple years ago!
I have 2 Napa 12V deep cycles in my MH and have no complaints!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

cliffy49

Blue Grass

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was considering the Costco/Interstate GC2 6volt battery. After reading the reviews on the Costco web site I will either join Sams Club or look into the Trojan T605 as we have two retailers within 15 miles of hoome.

Sams sells a well rated 6volt battery, you may want to look into that if there is one close by. Duracell Golf Car Battery - Group Size GC2 sells for $89.88. The only possible drawback is you have to be a member.

cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

Trackrig

Spent the summer in Conconuly, Wa, MH now in Vanco

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had Trojan 125s which are just a taller version of the 100s. They were good batteries, not worth the price. By that, I mean you pay double the price for them, but you don't get double the life out of them..........

In my DP I have four Costco 6V batteries at a lot cheaper price and in my TT I have four Interstate 6V batteries. If you can find the main Intersated area distributor in your area, go to them and see if they have any "blems". These are blemished batteries that may have a scratch on them, the labels got mounted crooked, or something. The batteries were only 2 months old and I got them at half price - that makes them about a quarter of the price for Trojans.

If you go to Costco for the batteries, they should have two different capacities. Get the taller battery.

Bill

Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

C.B.

APPLETON WI USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got away from Interstates 3/4 years ago. Couldn't be happier.

C.B.

CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I had Trojan 125s which are just a taller version of the 100s."

T125s are the same size as T105s. See https://www.trojanbattery.com/products/deep-cycle-flooded/signature-line-flooded-2/

T-105 10.30 7.11 11.07
T-125 10.30 7.11 11.07

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/20 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reviews on the Interstate batteries at Costco are poor. Not sure why, on here they get mostly good reviews. I went with the 6v at Batteries plus. These are Duracell. They have 3 different choices, I went with the middle ones. Good price, seem like a good battery. I have only had them since August so time will tell. My previous were 12v from Batteries plus. They came with the trailer but the guy at Interstate said they were old, he hadn't seen that label in a long time.

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sam's Club sells Duracell which are actually manufactured by East Penn. East Penn manufactures for several other brands including Deka.

Trojan or Rolls Surrette are the best, but as mentioned by Trackrig, I am not sure they are worth the premium price. Gold carts store typically carry Trojan. Industrial supply houses carry either Trojan or Rolls, but they may not stock the GC2 size. Solar power stires also, but again, they probably don't stock GC2.

* This post was edited 09/29/20 05:18pm by theoldwizard1 *

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/20 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even the least tech savvy person can now leave a horrid review in seconds. I weighed the Costco interstates and they are lighter, which is not good.

If you have a costco nearby and often go there it could be a good choice still. Especially if you practice battery maintenance. Warranty is only 1 year fixed so keep an eye on them. If you get unlucky make sure to handle it within the year.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> 6 Volt Interstate batteries
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.