Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: How about a RGV update
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> How about a RGV update

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 10:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're scared lock yourself down and stay home. Simple.

The chance of you coming down with Covid19 and dying is lower than the chances of being killed in a vehicle accident on the way to an RV park.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 10:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One buddy, a good American US navy veteran, died last weekend and a classmate will probably be gone by Monday. Both from Covid-19. Far more than I lost in car accidents during the same period. Plenty of denials to go around and start their own Rose Garden event. I choose to practice reasonable precautions and good hygiene to protect myself and others. Some don't.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/20 12:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife and I just got back from 3 weeks on the road. From Tucson we spent time in the Black Hills of South Dakota, Sault Ste. Marie, and southern Michigan. We mingled with many folks in RV parks and sightseeing. We didn't meet very many people worried about Covid. We've made other trips in the past few months to escape our locked down home town. We're living our lives as we always have and refuse to drink the Kool-Aid of the sky is falling crowd. Covid, according to the CDC, is responsible for only 6% of the total US deaths by itself. The other 94% were mostly elderly people with other severe illnesses before catching Covid. The survival rate for people that do get it is over 99%. The media is doing it's best to keep us scared and I'm not buying it. If you're afraid of Covid then by all means stay home and free up camping spots for the rest of us.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 12:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tequila You should have VA for your primary care----they won't let you near the place......

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

The chance of you coming down with Covid19 and dying is lower than the chances of being killed in a vehicle accident on the way to an RV park.

We've been locked since last March. I am one of those with copd and diabetes that and the fact that this country has no plan make me stay here in Michigan this winter and pray for a vaccine by August. You can joke all you want but if someone you know gets and lives their troubles are not o0ver when they are pronounce free of the virus. Your lungs and heart are under far more stress. So tell me just how good my chances are on not getting it but I and many others will skip the southern scene this winter and use caution and science to pronounce our country mended.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 02:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

We've been locked since last March. I am one of those with copd and diabetes that and the fact that this country has no plan make me stay here in Michigan this winter and pray for a vaccine by August. You can joke all you want but if someone you know gets and lives their troubles are not o0ver when they are pronounce free of the virus. Your lungs and heart are under far more stress. So tell me just how good my chances are on not getting it but I and many others will skip the southern scene this winter and use caution and science to pronounce our country mended.

I see you have bought in to a certain mantra hook line and sinker.

Personally we were never locked down, never missed one single day of work, and pretty much have been living life business as usual except for situations where draconian edicts forced on us by overbearing government have dictated otherwise. But its great you have the right and ability to lock yourself down for as long as you care to.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

(Deleted, I got caught up in the politics.)

South Texas is a great place to Winter.

* This post was edited 10/10/20 02:29pm by TomG2 *

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/20 03:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Considering I now have 2 dead friends from it, I think I had better avoid driving to an RV Park. The worst thing is getting it, survviing and ending up with possible lifetime consequences.

Covid legacy

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/20 06:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Do you wear a seatbelt?

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Do you wear a seatbelt?

Yes, but a seat belt does not rule my life just the same as a virus is not going to. If anyone thinks some miracle vaccine will eradicate Covid 19 they're sadly mistaken just the same as the common cold or run of the mill influenza. Its here to stay.

Lockdown and hide the rest of your life if you care to,it's your choice. But then again maybe you will not have a choice, as some have already stated they are prepared to lock down the entire country if they deem it required. If that happens you can kiss this RVing goodbye. Your main concern will be getting your next loaf of bread or bowl of soup.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> How about a RGV update
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.