Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Whats up in Charleston?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Whats up in Charleston?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/20 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was there the day before the earthquake, it was closed the next day. I'll list a few places we have stayed or visited this year. Blowing Rock, Linville, Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Banner Elk, Spruce Pine, West Palm Beach, FL, Bristol, TN, Knoxville, TN, Pigeon Forge, TN, Saluda, NC, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Hendersonville, Forest City, Fayetteville, WV, Beckley, WV, Oak Hill, WV (where Hank Williams died),Morgantown, WV (home of Don Knotts and WVU), All over central PA where the 911 memorial is located, Harpers Ferry, WV, Winchester, VA and we have 2 months to go. Would take me all day to mention each water fall, river, and mountain we have visited. I will soon be 80 so I got to go while I can and saw plenty of color last trip. Been home 2 days.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/20 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I was there the day before the earthquake, it was closed the next day. I'll list a few places we have stayed or visited this year. Blowing Rock, Linville, Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Banner Elk, Spruce Pine, West Palm Beach, FL, Bristol, TN, Knoxville, TN, Pigeon Forge, TN, Saluda, NC, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Hendersonville, Forest City, Fayetteville, WV, Beckley, WV, Oak Hill, WV (where Hank Williams died),Morgantown, WV (home of Don Knotts and WVU), All over central PA where the 911 memorial is located, Harpers Ferry, WV, Winchester, VA and we have 2 months to go. Would take me all day to mention each water fall, river, and mountain we have visited. I will soon be 80 so I got to go while I can and saw plenty of color last trip. Been home 2 days.

Congrats on your adventures this year! We too have been out and about . NC mountains in June and August, then Maine in between the NC visits.. Now in the Florida keys. Just making sure we are reasonably cautious.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/20 02:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

YEP....Charleston SC has shut it down
No Halloween Costumes over the age of 16
No Loud Music which causes folks to yell to be heard
Mandatory Face Mask ---$100/$200/$500 fines
Restaurants/Bars ---no liquor sales/consumption between the hrs of 11PM -- 10AM

Read it all here

Is that Charleston? Or Moscow? That edict is almost longer than the bill of rights.

Good thing you do not have to wear a mask while alone or with other family members in an enclosed space LOL.

I did not know Covid was easier to contract when someone played amplified music?

I was at my brothers place in Pittsburgh last weekend. They have almost the exact same draconian restrictions which have effectively put @ 35% of bars and restaurants in an 8 county area out of business permanently with 65% being out for good by Dec 31st being the number discussed. At least their liquor license fees were deferred for next year, a whopping $1500.00 at most. I bet they're thankful for that.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/20 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking forward to someone taking them to court.
Of course we wont be able to remember what that virus was when the courts are finished.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Whats up in Charleston?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.