cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWH customer service phone number is a joke

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I just made the trip to Moscow, Iowa two weeks ago and got my failing Atwood levelers replaced by HWH hydraulic system.

After the demo given me by the installing technician I asked if it was possible to readjust the home level position if it should be needed later. He said that it was covered in the instruction manual they gave me.

As it turned out I wanted to make a small adjustment to the home position because our bathroom door was not plumb and I preferred to readjust it, based on the vertical position of the door. I looked through the book over and over but could find no answer. I thought, no problem, I'll just call the customer support number they gave me and get a quick answer. The lady who answered said they would need to call me back. She didn't ask me what the problem was. I asked if she knew about how long it would be, so I would know whether to hang around my rv storage lot and wait or come back later. She said they would put me on the list and it would be about two weeks.

The last thing I was told after my customer instruction session was that I could always get help Mon/Fri via the customer service number they provided. I joked that if I needed them it would definitely not be Mon/Fri.

Little did I know that the customer service number was a joke, period.
23 REPLIES 23

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
WilfredGilkeyx wrote:
Well, I find this unfair to you, and they should provide better help in your case.

Not sure if you're aware but you are responding to a thread that's over a year old.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

WilfredGilkeyx
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I find this unfair to you, and they should provide better help in your case.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Mongobird wrote:
Scottiemom wrote:
After hearing your situation, I am superglad we replaced our Atwoods with the Big Foot System. I did read through their brief manual, but I also wanted to make an adjustment to the "home" position.

They print the company phone number on the controller and said someone who can help answers the phone. After hours, it rings into one of their homes and they taken turns taking the calls after hours.

Worked perfectly. I called and someone answered immediately. I told them what I wanted and they walked me through making the change.

Best customer service ever.

Sorry your experience has not been that good.

Dale

I am stuck with my dysfunctional unit and support company, but really appreciate hearing your good report. I will be considering a change, rather than a repair with hard to get parts and harder to get support for questions.

I'll second the "Attaboy" for Quadra/Big Foot. I had their manual leveling system on a previous motorhome, and their automatic leveling system on our current motorhome. Customer service has been first rate, and re-zeroing the system only takes a few button presses. The only repair needed so far was replacing a sticky solenoid using a commonly available replacement part.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Mongobird
Explorer
Explorer
Scottiemom wrote:
After hearing your situation, I am superglad we replaced our Atwoods with the Big Foot System. I did read through their brief manual, but I also wanted to make an adjustment to the "home" position.

They print the company phone number on the controller and said someone who can help answers the phone. After hours, it rings into one of their homes and they taken turns taking the calls after hours.

Worked perfectly. I called and someone answered immediately. I told them what I wanted and they walked me through making the change.

Dale

I am stuck with my dysfunctional unit and support company, but really appreciate hearing your good report. I will be considering a change, rather than a repair with hard to get parts and harder to get support for questions.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

1Thunderjet2
Explorer
Explorer
I had problem with a blown hose on a slide out room. I made the repair with parts sent very fast from HWH. I had a problem with air in system after the repair. I left message to have a tech call me. He did 4 months later. I did solve the problem myself but a 5 min call would have saved me about 6 hours of time.

TJ

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
1. Did you NOT get the Operators/instruction manual?
2. The reason the phone number is loaded up is because of people like you. You call for help when you either have the Instruction manual or lack the resources/lazy to go online to HWHcorp.com and they have any and all instructional help you would need. Including a specific site on their online manuals for ALL their various Leveling adjustments. Here it is. Doug

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml47508.pdf

This is a great example of why this board has become a ghost town. Totally uncalled for. Toxicity at its finest.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a solenoid valve on order 10-13-2020. I don't remember the estimated delivery time but it was less than two weeks. The two weeks passed and no valve, called again. Asked if my Debit card had been rejected(I have a prepaid debit card) and was told they don't deduct payment until the item is shipped and they would deduct then. Waited two more weeks, called and was told, "it takes us about two weeks to get a part and it has been four weeks since you ordered the valve so we should be shipping it out soon".

That was two weeks ago, and no valve.

I will email today and see what happens, I'll bet I don't get a response. We leave for the GCNP on tuesday for a S&B stay with the eldest daughter and so we're taking the Explorer due to snow probabilities. Hopefully they will respond but I really don't expect one.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I read the same complaint about HWH five years ago. At the time I read it, I had an appointment to go to Moscow IA to have an expensive new air leveling system installed. As a result of reading people’s complaints, I cancelled the appointment and never bought the new leveling system. The last thing I need is to have my air suspension system break down somewhere, and be told I’ll get a callback in a couple of weeks.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree , 24 hrs was the standard ( or sooner) when I worked. Days or weeks or months would not be acceptable to me either. It doesn't take that long to pick up the phone and make a few calls each day. They could have an hour per day for each tech set aside to make customer service calls OR hire knowledgeable customer service staff.

Mongobird
Explorer
Explorer
I called them in August, and checked each week. They assured me I was in the queue. Meanwhile I could not lower the leveling jacks out of concern that they could not be raised. New rig to me.

I finally got a call mid-Novembet.

I suppose that level of service may be OK for some, but not in the health care business or banking business.

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
Get used to it. There is a labor shortage, maybe/partially from stimulus checks and covid fears. Ur lucky to get a warm body let-alone an experienced tech anymore. Labor is in control. Try to do as much as u can and you may surprise yourself on how much you can actually do. Happy trails.
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
I get good results (quicker) with email. There is an email link on their website.
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. Be nice to people and enjoy life. Life's too short to do otherwise....Happy Camping....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG