Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dinghy Towing: car towing
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> car towing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ranholago

MN

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/20 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also have a 2014 Honda CRV. Just finished setting it up and have only been out once so far.
I can say the installation and setting everything up to tow the Honda was a breeze even for an OLD guy

dtgunner7

Bridgeville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/20 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look at FMCA web site, they have a towing guide and is a good place to start. then look at manufacturers guide in car or suv hand book

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/20 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting dialog going here. We pulled a '05 Element for quite a while and now we have a Jeep. I just bought a '13 CRV because my wife cannot use her legs and it is hard to get her in the Jeep.
Everywhere I read that '14 was the last year you could tow the CRV. I look at the owners manual on line for the '13 and see that 'damage may occur' if towed. Now, did Honda change the on-line information? Is, in fact, is the '13 towable or is it not?
The CRV I just bought is not straight shift nor is it 4WD. Have I made a big 'aw shucks" or is Honda covering their backside? Advice and comments please

Janss

Sedona, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/03/20 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2013 Honda CRV (it is AWD though). Did you look in the actual manual that came with the car, or just online? If you want, tell me what page number you saw this info, and I'll look at my manual. Was it in the "recreational towing" section or the "roadside service" (i.e. behind a tow truck) section?

2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 12/04/20 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Janss, thanks for the info. I looked at another source (genuine Honda manual) and found recreational towing. This one says to use the procedure of starting the engine and running through the gears and leaving it in neutral to tow.
Apparently the search engine sent me to a later year CRV than what I have.
I feel MUCH BETTER now. Thanks again

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/05/20 04:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

howdy35 wrote:

I am towing a 2014 Honda CRV which is the last year Honda that can be towed four down. In 2015 Honda changed to the CVT transmission which cannot be towed without considerable damage. So a Honda up thru 2014 can be towed four down.

Hope this helps. Happy Travels. Arnold

+1. We owned a 2014 CRV which was towable, traded for a 2015 which was not due to new CVT transmission.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing

> car towing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.