cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lipppert 6 point level system

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
Need help with my new Lippert leveling system.
Its in a 2020 Grand Design Solitude. Last used the system July 30th when I parked it. Worked good. Since then I replaced the battery but today when I tried to work the system, pushing the power button on the system, "nothing". Would not power up.
The 5er was not plugged in and the battery was dead. So I plugged it in assuming that would work the leveling system, but no.
Everything worked, slide outs, lights etc after plugging it in but not the Leveling system or the front jacks that are part of the system. Checked all the circuit breakers and fuses, all good.
So is there a reset button somewhere, or is there an inline fuse somewhere or could it be just the dead battery and plugging it in does not work, the battery has to be fully charged.
Was planning on heading to Florida Thursday, but I hate to drag the front jacks all that way....
I think if nothing else, you can use a power drill and move the jacks, but that will be a real pain.
Thanks for any info....
6 REPLIES 6

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so here is the answer if anyone is interested.
Called Lippert and said there is no power at all to the power pad.
He said there is a 10 amp inline fuse near the pump and if it is blown, there will be no power to the power pad. The pump is on the opposite side of the power pad. He said with a low battery you will still get power to the pad, but the jacks will not work..
I did try to find an inline fuse to start with and even after he told me there was one, I had a hard time finding it. But it is there behind and under the pump with what seems like miles of wiring and hydraulic lines in an area you can't see in or get your head in to see. Pulled the fuse & it was blown. It works fine now. The only thing I did was change the battery a couple months ago, so maybe the surge of a new battery blew the fuse, don't know.
If anyone is interested on how to manually operate the system, google "how do you manually raise a Lippert jack" and watch the u-tube video "Stranded on Mt.Washington" it explains it very well and does work as I did it....

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Leveling system needs a full battery work the hydraulics. A low battery should at least give a grinding sound. Check your fuses. Try hooking up a battery charger directly to the battery and then try the leveling.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Definately going to need a "good" battery that is fully charged to operate the slides OR the leveling system. Call Lippert, I'm sure that's what they're going to suggest.

Dan

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
First thing Lipperts going to ask is are the batteries fully charged. I just went through trouble shooting a 6 point system that would dump the front to the ground. Long story but a sensor had come loose.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
We dumped a 2020 Solitude due to its never ending major problems, one of which was the LCI leveling control module that went out 3 times in a year. We dumped it right after the 3rd replacement so maybe the next sucker got lucky and 3 times was the charm. Anything Lippert is cheap junk which is why Grand Design and others use Lippert c rap.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
Call Lippert and see what they say. My guess is you need a fully charged battery for them to work.