cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendations for tire gauge?

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone recommend a good, accurate, NON-DIGITAL tire gauge that reads up to around 100 psi? Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
ncscz wrote:
Professional grade tire guage

I think this is what I would go with as it would work on my DRW and easy to store.
I carry one of those also, but I like my Tire Minder even better. It is much easier to check.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ncscz wrote:
Professional grade tire guage

I think this is what I would go with as it would work on my DRW and easy to store.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Accu-gage 160X. Goes from 0-160 psi. Very accurate and easy to use.

Accu-Gage products are also available from a wide number of retailers including Amazon.com. The A-Series and M-Series are available for purchase from our distributor Jazebra.com. For more information on where to buy, feel free to email us at info@ghmeiser.com.

Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
valhalla360 wrote:
What's the thoughts on the valve stem ones that stay in place? Are they accurate?

Our new trailer came with them and I haven't verified the accuracy but I know I do check more often (typically every travel day, I look for the green when pulling the x-chocks) vs before where realistically, I would look at the tire to see if it was obviously down but actually pulling the gauge out was once or twice a month while traveling.

My TT came with them and I thought they were cool, so bought some for a horse trailer. However, they are not accurate at all. On TT they would be fully green and at least 10 PSI under. On horse trailer they showed red but were actually over inflated a little.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I use this one.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
All truck stops have them. Reaching the inner dually is sometimes difficult, requiring a particularly shaped gauge. (Old and lazy as I am now, I just go to Discount Tire -- they check them free!)

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
What's the thoughts on the valve stem ones that stay in place? Are they accurate?

Our new trailer came with them and I haven't verified the accuracy but I know I do check more often (typically every travel day, I look for the green when pulling the x-chocks) vs before where realistically, I would look at the tire to see if it was obviously down but actually pulling the gauge out was once or twice a month while traveling.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jaco Products
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RockyMt
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of dial type available- google and what? all kinds of them.