cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Delivery to RV

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anybody know of a propane company that will deliver to Class A's in the Cathedral City/Palm Springs, CA area? Aguirre used to be the source, but they no longer deliver to the RV resort my friends are staying in.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
13 REPLIES 13

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
Cristian123 wrote:
Sorry for bumping the thread, but I want to say that I had a great experience with Amerigas. The situation wasn't similar to one the OP's friends were, but when I needed propane for my RV, I addressed the AmeriGas customer service. They provided excellent service and delivered the propane fast.

In terms of sales and service AmeriGas, where I live, is really one of the best. They have some of the nicest staff and are incredibly responsive to individual needs. They cost a bit more to use, but they also seem the most accommodating. I can purchase propane from other sellers for less, but I usually have to work with their schedule or go to them to get that better price. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Cristian123
Explorer
Explorer
jeromep wrote:
I'm not located in your region, but contacting the local office of Amerigas or Ferrellgas might be useful. These organizations all do propane delivery to home and business permanent tanks. I can't see much difference between them filling a tank at somebody's home and filling a tank on an RV or a larger tank at an RV site. I could be wrong, but just a thought.

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I want to say that I had a great experience with Amerigas. The situation wasn't similar to one the OP's friends were, but when I needed propane for my RV, I addressed the AmericanGas customer service. They provided excellent service and delivered the propane fast.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
This is something we have seldom seen elsewhere. No one wanted to deliver unless it was 100 gallons or more. In winter, pulling up to fill with propane, when needed is not a favorite chore. Original tank haled 38 gallons, factory changed it out and new one holds only 80% of that to suit the EPA.

The 80% capacity is to allow for gas expansion.

https wrote:
Propane delivered to the tank at your home or business is stored in a liquid state under pressure. It expands in the presence of heat, creating pressure that can build in a propane tank when itโ€™s hot. The additional space inside the tank is needed to allow for propane to expand into a vapor.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
This is something we have seldom seen elsewhere. No one wanted to deliver unless it was 100 gallons or more. In winter, pulling up to fill with propane, when needed is not a favorite chore. Original tank haled 38 gallons, factory changed it out and new one holds only 80% of that to suit the EPA.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
CarnationSailor wrote:
Someone was finally able to get in touch with Aguirre and he made a pass thru the park last Wednesday. Don't know if he will come by regularly in the future.

Good to hear he is okay.

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someone was finally able to get in touch with Aguirre and he made a pass thru the park last Wednesday. Don't know if he will come by regularly in the future.

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not located in your region, but contacting the local office of Amerigas or Ferrellgas might be useful. These organizations all do propane delivery to home and business permanent tanks. I can't see much difference between them filling a tank at somebody's home and filling a tank on an RV or a larger tank at a RV site. I could be wrong, but just a thought.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
CarnationSailor wrote:
Reisender wrote:
CarnationSailor wrote:
Anybody know of a propane company that will deliver to Class A's in the Cathedral City/Palm Springs, CA area? Aguirre used to be the source, but they no longer deliver to the RV resort my friends are staying in.

Wow. Aguiars used to deliver everywhere. Are you in outdoor resorts?

My friend with the class A and I are at Palm Springs Oasis RV Resort in Cathedral City and Aguirre's has apparently gone out of business.

So sorry to hear that. Hope he is OK. Nice guy, nice family.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunate about Aguirreโ€™s.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reisender wrote:
CarnationSailor wrote:

My friend with the class A and I are at Palm Springs Oasis RV Resort in Cathedral City and Aguirre's has apparently gone out of business.

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Best resource would be the CG Staff and IF they know of a propane delivery service

CG staff hasn't been able to locate a source since Aguirre stopped delivering and stopped answering their phone.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
CarnationSailor wrote:

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best resource would be the CG Staff and IF they know of a propane delivery service
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31